Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

I actually wanted Marv to be the innocent party but after all these comments, hope he's the guilty one now :lol: Punched Ben Arfa in the face and called him a fat b******, if that was the case...the majority will then still think Pardew is in the wrong :pow:

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to work out whats gone on. The likelihood is that both HBA and Marv have voiced concerns to Pardew after becoming the scapegoats for the managers recent inadequacies. The managers pathetic response is to tell HBA to find another club in the Summer and told Marv to go and rot in the reserves.

Even if that isn't what's happened, Pardew is still an uber cunt.

I actually wanted Marv to be the innocent party but after all these comments, hope he's the guilty one now :lol: Punched Ben Arfa in the face and called him a fat bastard, if that was the case...the majority will then still think Pardew is in the wrong :pow:

If Marv punched Ben Arfa in the face and called him a fat cunt I'd be inclined to blame Pards tbh Brett. As you say we don't know the story. Pards might have whispered in Marveaux's ear that Ben Arfa pinched his slice of cake in the canteen.

I think if any player of any club gets made to train with the reserves/youth side, you have to accept the managers viewpoint as you don't know the ins and outs of it all. It's easier to justify things when they are in the spotlight and you get an idea of why they have been put there but nothing has really been made clear with this one.

This literally makes no sense.

Well he's the one in charge and he's not going to do it just for the fun of it. Say back in school and your mate gets put in detention in another classroom, it's safe to assume the teacher has his reasons even though you don't know what happened. You don't start calling the teacher when he has no reputation for constantly putting people in detention? Not like Pardew has a habit of fall outs and puts players in the reserves often. I'm just saying i'm sure Pardew has his reasons to why Marv has been placed there and until/if things become more clear, you can't really defend Marv even though we all like him.

Why do we have to accept Pardew's right and not Marveaux since we don't know the story? Marveaux might have been punished for disagreeing with Pardew's football philosophy or lack of it, in which case I'd be on his side.

I'm not saying Pardew is right, but he's in charge, accept it and move on until things become more clear. Jumping in to defend Marv and have pops at Pardew seem strange when it's not like Pardew has a habit of falling out with players and doing this. I'm sure he has his reasons to why he feels Marv shouldn't be training with the first team anymore. And this isn't just Pardew, i'd feel the same with any manager unless they were a complete dick who often did this and banish players from the team for their own ego.

You what? Supporting the judgement of Pardew when it comes to players, man.  :lol:

Poor man-management or not, it was clear to anyone watching the Spurs game that his effort when he came on with fresh legs was an absolute joke.

Doesn't have the talent to counteract his work rate. Needs to be part of the summer clearout.

Work rate doesn't matter at all for an attacking midfielder unless you are Jose Mourinho

I think if any player of any club gets made to train with the reserves/youth side, you have to accept the managers viewpoint as you don't know the ins and outs of it all. It's easier to justify things when they are in the spotlight and you get an idea of why they have been put there but nothing has really been made clear with this one.

This literally makes no sense.

Well he's the one in charge and he's not going to do it just for the fun of it. Say back in school and your mate gets put in detention in another classroom, it's safe to assume the teacher has his reasons even though you don't know what happened. You don't start calling the teacher when he has no reputation for constantly putting people in detention? Not like Pardew has a habit of fall outs and puts players in the reserves often. I'm just saying i'm sure Pardew has his reasons to why Marv has been placed there and until/if things become more clear, you can't really defend Marv even though we all like him.

Why do we have to accept Pardew's right and not Marveaux since we don't know the story? Marveaux might have been punished for disagreeing with Pardew's football philosophy or lack of it, in which case I'd be on his side.

I'm not saying Pardew is right, but he's in charge, accept it and move on until things become more clear. Jumping in to defend Marv and have pops at Pardew seem strange when it's not like Pardew has a habit of falling out with players and doing this. I'm sure he has his reasons to why he feels Marv shouldn't be training with the first team anymore. And this isn't just Pardew, i'd feel the same with any manager unless they were a complete dick who often did this and banish players from the team for their own ego.

You what? Supporting the judgement of Pardew when it comes to players, man.  :lol:

Who has he put in the reserves? I think Pardew has always seemed to have a strong dressing room. Barton was made to play there for his twitter outbursts, Ranger often made to train alone, can't really think of others. He had a fall out with Colo but they sorted it out amongst themselves and no action was taken. Since being here, i don't think Pardew has been too hard on players. If anything he's probably too soft with them and gives them a free reign.

Poor man-management or not, it was clear to anyone watching the Spurs game that his effort when he came on with fresh legs was an absolute joke.

Doesn't have the talent to counteract his work rate. Needs to be part of the summer clearout.

Work rate doesn't matter at all for an attacking midfielder unless you are Jose Mourinho

Alarmingly incorrect. And I'm not sure what's so funny SanToon, if an average player is going to pull on a Newcastle shirt the least we can hope for is a bit of effort.

This lad has blatantly got attitude problems. Lost cause.

Guest bimpy474

Alarmingly incorrect. And I'm not sure what's so funny SanToon, if an average player is going to pull on a Newcastle shirt the least we can hope for is a bit of effort.

Your avatar makes that very ironic.

Look at the best number tens in the world and tell me how often they track back

I assume the best number tens in the world can be cut a little bit more slack than Sylvain Marveaux.

I assume the best number tens in the world can be cut a little bit more slack than Sylvain Marveaux.

Not when Marveaux is our only decent creative player at the moment, and anyway when you have two defensive midfielders playing you don't need a third

If Marv was a superb professional, both on and off the pitch this would seem more strange. We've all questioned his attitude, even in the first two home games of the season when he looked half arsed and Sammy came in and did more in both his cameos. I really do like Marv and don't feel like he's been given a fair crack but i don't want to be fully supporting him and claiming him to be the innocent party, when it's just as likely he could be guilty as sin. I'd rather know more details on the reasons before slating either one of them.

Guest bimpy474

Not when Marveaux is our only decent creative player at the moment, and anyway when you have two defensive midfielders playing you don't need a third

Spot on, and always overlooked when talking about Pardew's shit football in regard to Ben Arfa and Marv working hard. Also you get the comment of, ok he wont work at all then.

When it's the middle ground, Tiote and Anita should do more defensive work than Ben ArfA and Marv, and they in turn should do more attacking. But that's where it falls down, we have no attacking plan so our attacking player defend more than they should, and then look poor players doing stuff they really shouldn't be doing as their main work.

If I had any trust or faith in the manager then I'd be more inclined to take his side over the player's. As it happens we've got an incompetent arsehole in charge of the football team and when you've lost 5 off the bounce at home, not scoring in 4 of those, and you've ostracised one of the few creative players in the squad then you've got some explaining to do tbh.

Had everything being ticking along nicely then this would barely have caused a ripple, as it is he's up against it and questions are being rightly raised about his management of his squad as footballers and as people.

I think what annoys me most about this whole situation is that Pardew seems to be blaming HBA and Marveaux for failing to turn around games when we're already a few goals down. Surely it should be the players that got us in that position who should be criticised, not the ones given 20 minute cameo's.

He's had around half an hour on the pitch all season.

Cabaye's a bad example, he was playing class.

Yeah after a year of him playing poorly and mentally being a wreck he worked things out himself. Likewise Tiote. Maybe I am being overly harsh and maybe our coaching staff did well and it needed to take over a year to get him through it. He was class previous to coming here too lets not forget.

Although we had a very poor season last year. Cabaye was still one of our top performers. Was solid at the start of that season, looked good when he came back from injury for a month or so before his form collapsed. Wouldn't say he was a wreck.

Likewise people say Tiote was terrible in the season we finished 5th which is laughable. He wasn't playing at his best levels but he didn't have a bad season by any means. Ryan Taylor, Mike Williamson and James Perch didn't have bad seasons either ffs.

He's had around half an hour on the pitch all season.

Aye a full half an hour....how many goals, how many assists, he hasn't won a game single handed in all that time.....and he hasnt tracked back once :huff:

Creativity, pfffft who needs it.

But why was he even brought on? He's a 27 year old on a first team wage who has had runs in the first team/key man off the bench. In recent months he's barely even been on the bench. Pardew clearly has no faith in him, why pretend to do so now?

If one performance can make you put a senior player in the youths, he shouldn't have been playing.

At least AVB had the decency to totally freeze Adebayor out.