Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

When we beat Liverpool to his signature a few years ago, was Rafa their manager?

Dalglish

Ah. Fair enough :thup:

How long had Rafa been away when KD turned up? i.e: Do we think he was on Rafa's watch list originally?

When we beat Liverpool to his signature a few years ago, was Rafa their manager?

No, we signed him in the summer of 2011. Rafa left Liverpool in the summer of 2010.

Thanks.

So, it's conceivable that he was someone they'd been after during Rafa's reign?

No, we signed him in the summer of 2011. Rafa left Liverpool in the summer of 2010.

Thanks.

Are you a barrister? Where are you going with this questioning? Hurry up and make your point.

Thanks.

I don't really see where he'd fit in with a Rafa team as he tends to like hard working players and Marveaux gained a bit of a reputation for being lazy under Pardew.  That said, I always thought we should have used him more off the bench.

Thanks.

Are you a barrister? Where are you going with this questioning? Hurry up and make your point.

:lol: Objection.

Thanks.

I don't really see where he'd fit in with a Rafa team as he tends to like hard working players and Marveaux gained a bit of a reputation for being lazy under Pardew.  That said, I always thought we should have used him more off the bench.

I can't say I ever thought he was lazy. He'd often fail to influence a game but most people would struggle to do that from midfield in a AP side, so I'd forgive him that.

Wonder if he might get a bit more game time..........

It's certainly only a positive that we can spring a couple of wildcards on opposition at this stage of the season.

Thanks.

I can't say I ever thought he was lazy. He'd often fail to influence a game but most people would struggle to do that from midfield in a AP side, so I'd forgive him that.

It's certainly only a positive that we can spring a couple of wildcards on opposition at this stage of the season.

I actually think he's one of those who really does have quality end product. Very decent passer and crosser, and he can finish. The question mark has to be his attitude.

Thanks.

I actually think he's one of those who really does have quality end product. Very decent passer and crosser, and he can finish. The question mark has to be his attitude.

Yeah. Maybe. He's not exactly had much luck. He wasn't 100% fit when he arrived and then the poor bloke had to deal with;

- Treatment overseen by Doctor Death

- Pardew as his manager

- Carver as his manager

- SMc as his manager

- Never getting a run of games.

He may have a questionable attitude but my point is that if Rafa fancied him at Liverpool then there's a chance Marveaux would have known about it before (I guess they must have been watching him during Rafa's time, knowing his contract would be up) so, if he feels wanted, then perhaps he might be more involved.

I agree he's probably been a victim of circumstances, but introducing him now would be a massive punt.

Which is what we need to stay up as the tried and trusted shit have us where we are. (Not saying Marvs the answer mind.)

Why anyone would want this bloke involved in a relegation scrap is beyond me like.

It might be the case that Rafa thinks he can use him in some role, even if it's just coming off the bench for the last 15 mins.

• 1 month later...

He actually looked like he can play football, don't understand why he wasn't used much in the sides when the likes of Gouffran were getting games week in week out.

I think it's fair to assume that all the rumours about him having a poor attitude were true.

He actually looked like he can play football, don't understand why he wasn't used much in the sides when the likes of Gouffran were getting games week in week out.

I think it's fair to assume that all the rumours about him having a poor attitude were true.

Was blasphemy to suggest this when Pardew/McClaren was gaffer.

Was blasphemy to suggest this when Pardew/McClaren was gaffer.

Yes.