Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

He actually looked like he can play football, don't understand why he wasn't used much in the sides when the likes of Gouffran were getting games week in week out.

I think it's fair to assume that all the rumours about him having a poor attitude were true.

Which rumours?

He actually looked like he can play football, don't understand why he wasn't used much in the sides when the likes of Gouffran were getting games week in week out.

I think it's fair to assume that all the rumours about him having a poor attitude were true.

Which rumours?

I don't know, you could probably find them if you trawled through this thread. I'm not going to though. :lol:

Was blasphemy to suggest this when Pardew/McClaren was gaffer.

Did anyone ever suggest this like :lol:

Cannot remember his attitude being too much of a discussion either way. He was creating chances during a time when we were appalling in the final 3rd and was completely frozen out and blamed for defeats he'd played a 10 minute part in, that was the long and short of it, the same happened with Ben Arfa only that was far more impactful.

Didn't think the bloke got a fair crack of the whip tbh, and there were numerous times we could have used him and his ability to create chances.  Not too sure what went on behind the scenes but not going to take any guesses due to the fact that I don't trust those in charge one bit.

Was blasphemy to suggest this when Pardew/McClaren was gaffer.

Did anyone ever suggest this like :lol:

Cannot remember his attitude being too much of a discussion either way. He was creating chances during a time when we were appalling in the final 3rd and was completely frozen out and blamed for defeats he'd played a 10 minute part in, that was the long and short of it, the same happened with Ben Arfa only that was far more impactful.

:thup:

Yeah I'd go with the just not that good conclusion. It's not about wanting 'grafters' over more skillful players, I like the Marveux kind of player, I just don't think he was a particularly good example of that kind.

Lads, he was s****.

He made little impact on loan in Ligue 1 when he was given a 'fair crack of the whip'. Sometimes players just aren't very good (and a couple of assists in 12/13 didn't convince me he was good).

I'm sure you spent a fair bit of your time watching Ligue 1, so fair enough.

Lads, he was s****.

He made little impact on loan in Ligue 1 when he was given a 'fair crack of the whip'. Sometimes players just aren't very good (and a couple of assists in 12/13 didn't convince me he was good).

I'm sure you spent a fair bit of your time watching Ligue 1, so fair enough.

Desperate stuff. If this supposedly creative and skilful player was creative and skilful, he would have achieved more than he did in a league that is vastly inferior to the Premier League. How much of Marveaux did you watch at Guingamp?

Your inability to understand logic is frightening.

He made an impact in games for us when we were sorely lacking in creativity, he should have played more but was used as a scapegoat by the same idiot who gave away Ben Arfa for free. How shite he happened to be anywhere else is beside the point.

He made an impact in games for us when we were sorely lacking in creativity, he should have played more but was used as a scapegoat by the same idiot who gave away Ben Arda for free. How s**** he happened to be anywhere else is beside the point.

Give me examples of those games then because I'm struggling to remember them. I hate Pardew as much as anyone, but I'm sick of the attitude that any player who fell out of favour during his tenure was some sort of misunderstood, hard done by genius. And if you're saying his form on loan in France isn't relevant, that's only because it doesn't suit your agenda.

As for Ben Arfa, yes I said we would still have struggled last year if he was in the squad. Fair play to him for doing much better at Nice than I expected.

Cannot remember the specific games other than Arsenal where he was amazing, but he went on a run of games coming off the bench where he made an impact and assisted Cisse a couple times, was our best attacking outlet in the infamous Reading game too until he was subbed and we fell apart.

Pardew even started calling him his 'bit of magic' and then went in a huff when he didn't single handedly turn around a few 2 goal deficits in 10 minutes and never played him again.

He never looked a great player and I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone saying he should have been starting every week though.

Far better player than the likes of Gouffran who's somehow managed 100 games for us.

Another player who might be out the door before too long as well, especially if Rafa stays. Hasn't even made the bench since the Bournemouth match.

Guest firetotheworks

He made an impact in games for us when we were sorely lacking in creativity, he should have played more but was used as a scapegoat by the same idiot who gave away Ben Arda for free. How s**** he happened to be anywhere else is beside the point.

Give me examples of those games then because I'm struggling to remember them. I hate Pardew as much as anyone, but I'm sick of the attitude that any player who fell out of favour during his tenure was some sort of misunderstood, hard done by genius. And if you're saying his form on loan in France isn't relevant, that's only because it doesn't suit your agenda.

As for Ben Arfa, yes I said we would still have struggled last year if he was in the squad. Fair play to him for doing much better at Nice than I expected.

Isn't this the sort of scenario that you should be learning from before asserting the same sort of opinions? It's quite hard to take someone seriously when they not only lack humility after being very wrong, but adamantly insist that they're right as if them being very wrong never happened.