Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Guest icemanblue

Recurrence of the old problem, aye?

Yes. He had groin injury - rupture of the right side -  in november 2010, had many complications during his recovery and played only 10 matches with Rennes in 2010/2011.

If there's rupture, that's one of the most sensitive injury for a footballer.

I don't think it'll be a rupture, like. He wouldn't have walked off the pitch if it was. My worry was a nasty tear in the effected area.

Yes. He had groin injury - rupture of the right side -  in november 2010, had many complications during his recovery and played only 10 matches with Rennes in 2010/2011.

I don't think it'll be a rupture, like. He wouldn't have walked off the pitch if it was. My worry was a nasty tear in the effected area.

There is quotes somewhere from Pards commenting on the groin injuries, saying it's not as if they're massive tears.

Guest hatem garrincha

I have translated "déchirure" with "rupture". I don't know if it's correct.

I would also be... but no offence to pedro's mate, I won't be paying attention to any rumour regarding the injury status of any NUFC players.

Aye, surely these things don't get leaked that much. Heck, I've heard countless rumours about X player being fucked long term, only for him to be out for 3 or 4 weeks.

I would also be... but no offence to pedro's mate, I won't be paying attention to any rumour regarding the injury status of any NUFC players.

Aye, surely these things don't get leaked that much. Heck, I've heard countless rumours about X player being fucked long term, only for him to be out for 3 or 4 weeks.

Yep. Remember the mackem rumour that Ben Arfa had had his leg put on backwards.

'Déchirure' is 'tear'.

Guest hatem garrincha

'Déchirure' is 'tear'.

Ok, thank you. Add the tear to "calcification de l'adducteur" (which needed surgery). That was his problem last year.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Groin areas tend to go as a result of stretching too far, normally brought about asca result of overexerting yourself

The fact that he would have to step up his pace, work rate in this league was always going to be an issue

Chronicle confirm he will not play against City.

Pleased he has signed for us - but a five-year deal..?

It still hasn't been confirmed this is a long term injury so why not a 5 year contract? Some people just like to beat themselves up for the sake of it.

It still hasn't been confirmed this is a long term injury so why not a 5 year contract? Some people just like to beat themselves up for the sake of it.

It probably isn't a long-term injury, but it is mid-November, and he has only started one league match...

It's worth noting that he has started only 65 league games in his entire career - and 33 of these starts were the season before last. He turns 26 in six months time, and I'm not sure the club did their 'due diligence' prior to offering him such a long-term contract.

Guest Heneage

It probably isn't a long-term injury, but it is mid-November, and he has only started one league match...

It's worth noting that he has started only 65 league games in his entire career - and 33 of these starts were the season before last. He turns 26 in six months time, and I'm not sure the club did their 'due diligence' prior to offering him such a long-term contract.

I'm going to guess his contract is incentivized in the same way Ba's is. If he doesn't play he doesn't pull in a good wage. I'd look to give him a chance, the injury wasn't his fault imo, it was Heitinga jumping into him like a t***.

Physio room has his injury down as Gilmores groin, whatever that is.

Gilmore's Groin Injury

Gilmore's Groin is a fairly common injury in kicking sports such as soccer, gaelic football and rugby. This condition is named after Jerry Gilmore, the London surgeon who first recognised this syndrome in 1980. The condition is also known as a Sports Hernia, but Gilmore's Groin is a more apt title because, strictly speaking, there is no true herniation.

Conservative treatment involves stabilising and strengthening the muscles of the pelvic region, which may allow a continuation of sports activities for a short period; although this is a stop gap at best. Usually, there comes a time when the person can no longer continue because sports performance becomes so impaired. Ultimately a surgical approach and hernia repair is usually required.

Although they're not always right on there.