Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

he floats nicely, when he moved to centre forward because besty picked the ball out wide was poetry. If he and jonas didn't have the defensive duty of having to look after our fullbacks these two could terrorise fullbacks and defenders in general while creating extra space for our strikers

Thought he did alright, needs to learn to use his right foot though.  Looks after the ball better than Obertan, not as quick or skillful, but hardly slow either. 

Doesn't sound good for the City game, as others have said, just hope it isn't related to previous injuries.

Put in a decent cross with his right foot

There were two or three occasions where he had the chance to just loft one in on his right and he didn't, checked back instead and gave Everton the chance to get back and regroup.  Think I vaguely remember the cross you're on about though.

he looked very very slow off the ball and on the ball, maybe i've been too accustomed to seeing jonas and obertan flying, but i was quite shocked at how heavy legged he looked.  maybe it's his fitness not quite up there which is fair enough but i guess its too early to judge yet,  we shall see. 

Guest hatem garrincha

Recurrence of the old problem, aye?

Yes. He had groin injury - rupture of the right side -  in november 2010, had many complications during his recovery and played only 10 matches with Rennes in 2010/2011.

If there's rupture, that's one of the most sensitive injury for a footballer.