Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

SYLVAIN Marveaux has been ruled out until the new year.

The French winger limped out of the Everton game in what was his first start for the club in the Premier League.

But it is understood that the ex-Rennes man was set to go under the knife in order to solve the issue.

More to follow ...

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/11/17/sylvain-marveaux-ruled-out-until-the-new-year-72703-29795621/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz1dyWIGo4y

Little bit of info on it from Physio Room:

Successful surgery is dependent upon accurate diagnosis, meticulous repair and adherence to a standard rehabilitation program. Between 1980 and 2000, of 4,500 patients referred to Jerry Gilmore's clinic in London, 2,700 were treated surgically. Of the professional soccer players treated surgically, Gilmore reported a success rate of 97%.

A specific rehab program must be carefully adhered to. This prohibits sudden twisting and turning movements, with a gradual progression of pelvic muscle stability, flexibility and strength. Upright standing and walking is encouraged from day one. Straight line jogging can be initiated between 10 and 14 days post-op and straight line sprinting is usually started after 3 weeks. Thereafter, sports specific rehabilitation is graduated, with a return to competition usually possible after five weeks.

The Gilmore protocol warns that some stiffness and discomfort may occur the day after sporting activity and advocates some activity 7 days a week to remedy this.

Considering he's made of glass and this sounds like the same injury as last time, I would have a total guess that he's going to be out for 2 month at least.

SYLVAIN Marveaux has been ruled out until the new year.

The French winger limped out of the Everton game in what was his first start for the club in the Premier League.

But it is understood that the ex-Rennes man was set to go under the knife in order to solve the issue.

More to follow ...

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/11/17/sylvain-marveaux-ruled-out-until-the-new-year-72703-29795621/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz1dyWIGo4y

Well I guess one positive is that he'll be back in January so it's not that long of a layoff. Like I've said before, shame for the lad.

"ruled out until the new year" surely? Or are we being hilariously pessimistic about it already?

Eh? :lol:

Is it incorrect?

Not incorrect but it seemed ambiguous because "year" can be legitimately used as both "season" and "calendar year".  Thought maybe someone was jumping the gun and assuming the former instead of the latter.

Thanks for clarifying. 

"ruled out until the new year" surely? Or are we being hilariously pessimistic about it already?

Eh? :lol:

Is it incorrect?

Not incorrect but it seemed ambiguous because "year" can be legitimately used as both "season" and "calendar year".  Thought maybe someone was jumping the gun and assuming the former instead of the latter.

Thanks for clarifying. 

I did it. Year =/= season, especially when we're in November. Ah well, hopefully the Tiote one is positive enough.

still defies reason how he ambles about on those tiny spider legs. suppose it will be one of those "life spitting in the face of physics" things like a bumblebee being able to fly or andy reid not collapsing into a black hole

Hence what I said earlier about a five-year contract...

I don't understand what you're getting at. What contract length would you have given him and what difference would it make?

He's almost 26 and has started 65 league matches in his career, 33 of which came in one season.

Which is why I stated my concerns about him signing a five-year deal, when he signed... I'm sure his contract is highly incentivised, but ultimately, do we want crocks on our books? I would have offered him a three-year deal at the very most.