Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Three months? Liverpool dodged a bullett with this one.

Three months isn't a lifetime. I agree if it becomes a persistent injury over his contract then it will have been a bad signing, but after wat6ching yesterday's game against Man City it's clear that we need a better class of player to hurt those sort of teams. We can't afford to buy the likes of Ben Arfa and Marveaux without the baggage so I don't think it's a disastrous policy to take a calculated gamble on these guys.

Some of the recent posts in here  :mike:  He's here till 2016 ffs and will be back sometime in Jan/Feb most likely.

Yeah. Probably Jan/Feb 2016. :frantic:

In time to earn himself a new 3 year deal and then get injured again, probably. That's Marveaux. Super crock.

No surprise is it,could've spent money on a transfer fee for someone without the injury history but that's our transfer policy.

Agree. Allthough, I still think Marveaux will turn out to be a success. He won't have to retire, or won't 'do a Dyer' imo. He'll be back in February and will play his part this season.

Some of the recent posts in here  :mike:  He's here till 2016 ffs and will be back sometime in Jan/Feb most likely.

It's not great though is it? He's made less appearances at his age than King, Woodgate and Dyer had, and I don't think ability is the issue because he's clearly a quality player. Don't think there's anything wrong with having concerns about this same injury having flared up yet again.

It's not great though is it? He's made less appearances at his age than King, Woodgate and Dyer had, and I don't think ability is the issue because he's clearly a quality player. Don't think there's anything wrong with having concerns about this same injury having flared up yet again.

Nowt wrong with concerns, I do have a few as well.  To say 'royally bummed' and 'Liverpool dodged a bullet' is a bit much a bit too soon isn't it?  With Marveaux I think we've already seen he's got loads of quality and so even if he misses parts of a season we'll still get a fair bit of benefit from him, a bit like King with Spurs.

Nowt wrong with concerns, I do have a few as well.  To say 'royally bummed' and 'Liverpool dodged a bullet' is a bit much a bit too soon isn't it?  With Marveaux I think we've already seen he's got loads of quality and so even if he misses parts of a season we'll still get a fair bit of benefit from him, a bit like King with Spurs.

:thup:

No surprise is it,could've spent money on a transfer fee for someone without the injury history but that's our transfer policy.

Agree. Allthough, I still think Marveaux will turn out to be a success. He won't have to retire, or won't 'do a Dyer' imo. He'll be back in February and will play his part this season.

I'll think he'll be a success if he can keep himself fit, there was a massive question mark over that when we signed him and it just got a bit bigger.

One bad injury from a despicable tackle doesn't mean that he's suddenly nailed on to be a crock for life.

We've got the squad depth to survive without him anyway.

But his injury record is appalling. This is another to add to his long list of recurring problems.

:thup:

One bad injury from a despicable tackle doesn't mean that he's suddenly nailed on to be a crock for life.

We've got the squad depth to survive without him anyway.

But his injury record is appalling. This is another to add to his long list of recurring problems.

We get it man.

We get it man.

I still have hope that we'll sort him out, especially as he's had repeated groin problems and this time he's having an operation on groin and hip. 

With a bit of luck the hip is causing problems with his groin.