Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Ben Arfa or Santon on the right for me at the weekend then...

It'll be Jonas or Gosling :)

I must admit I'm not really sold on Gosling so far. Didn't do much wrong in the last game, he just seems a little slow, and often invisible. Will give him time of course.

Hence what I said earlier about a five-year contract...

I don't understand what you're getting at. What contract length would you have given him and what difference would it make?

He's almost 26 and has started 65 league matches in his career, 33 of which came in one season.

Which is why I stated my concerns about him signing a five-year deal, when he signed... I'm sure his contract is highly incentivised, but ultimately, do we want crocks on our books? I would have offered him a three-year deal at the very most.

:lol:

So what's the difference between offering him a 3 year deal or a 5 year deal? Contract lengths mean fuck all.

Hence what I said earlier about a five-year contract...

I don't understand what you're getting at. What contract length would you have given him and what difference would it make?

He's almost 26 and has started 65 league matches in his career, 33 of which came in one season.

Which is why I stated my concerns about him signing a five-year deal, when he signed... I'm sure his contract is highly incentivised, but ultimately, do we want crocks on our books? I would have offered him a three-year deal at the very most.

:lol:

So what's the difference between offering him a 3 year deal or a 5 year deal? Contract lengths mean fuck all.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XsZ3DjRg8IE/TDXGbYqkW7I/AAAAAAAAxpc/gnWq8bOueWE/s1600/xisco21.jpg

Look mate, you said you wouldn't give him a 5 year deal but you'd be happy to give him 3. What's the point? It makes no difference, hardly going to effect his current injury is it?

Fair enough if you say we shouldn't have signed him at all - but the contract length is completely immaterial. Nonsensical point.

Look mate, you said you wouldn't give him a 5 year deal but you'd be happy to give him 3. What's the point? It makes no difference, hardly going to effect his current injury is it?

Fair enough if you say we shouldn't have signed him at all - but the contract length is completely immaterial. Nonsensical point.

No, but it decreases the risk of having a crock on our books long-term.

No, but it decreases the risk of having a crock on our books long-term.

3 years is long term.

Bugger. Pardew should re-evaluate not playing HBA wide if it comes to playing guthrie/gosling/sammy out there. He's got much more to offer.

True. Especially as Guthrie has to play CM with Tiote probably still out. Gosling doesn't look that sharp yet while I wouldn't trust Sammy over 90 minutes because of defending.

Bugger. Pardew should re-evaluate not playing HBA wide if it comes to playing guthrie/gosling/sammy out there. He's got much more to offer.

Spot on.  Got a feeling Santon might play there.  Think I read he's played there in the past, looks good going forward and will track back well.  Not really sure what the alternatives are, don't really see the three names you mentioned as good enough to start right wing, would like to see HBA or Santon get a shot.

It's got to be Ben Arfa imo.

This reminded me of the line from Police Academy with the two shaven headed super cops discovering their precious car has been wrecked.

"Mahoney.......it's got to be Mahoney."

It’s been reported by Football France that Liverpool target Sylvain Marveaux has failed his medical ahead of putting pen to paper on a proposed move to Liverpool.

The problem apparently stems from a serious groin or [remedial abductor] injury he picked up in a Ligue 1 match for Rennes last November, and has prevented him taking part in any competitive games since.

If this report proves to be true, then the reported £60,000 per week deal for Marveaux now lies on the brink of collapse. It is alleged that the medical representatives from Liverpool’s US owners Fenway Sports Group intervened to call a halt to the proceedings.