Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

I still would have taken the gamble at start of season on him, hindsight is a wonderful thing, and he could still stay fit in future for longer

Howay man, the lad's got a horrendous injury record and he's had the operation on the place that's troubled him the most. He may well get back to full fitness and play many games for us but the odds were stacked in favour of this happening before we ever signed him, for nowt.

I still would have taken the gamble at start of season on him, hindsight is a wonderful thing, and he could still stay fit in future for longer

Howay man, the lad's got a horrendous injury record and he's had the operation on the place that's troubled him the most. He may well get back to full fitness and play many games for us but the odds were stacked in favour of this happening before we ever signed him, for nowt.

Would you have preferred if we'd stayed out of the deal and allowed him to sign for Liverpool for reduced terms? Same question to Colocho.

Would you have preferred if we'd stayed out of the deal and allowed him to sign for Liverpool for reduced terms? Same question to Colocho.

I'd have preferred signing someone without the injury record, whether that involves a transfer fee or not.

A five-year contract is a gamble the club shouldn't have taken, imo.

lol - people have a go at the club for spending money and have a go at them for not spending it. You win some you lose some, that's life.

Maybe they judged he's likely to be injury prone in the short term future but could toughen up later, hence the long contract

Plus we are well covered in that position. He wasn't getting a start in any case when he was fit. If the operation is a success then we'll have a very good player on our hands in a few months time who we couldn't have signed otherwise.

lol - people have a go at the club for spending money and have a go at them for not spending it. You win some you lose some, that's life.

Handing a five-year contract to a 25 year-old with 64 leagues start in his entire career is irresponsible. Win some, lose some? Not really a good enough excuse tbh...

Handing a five-year contract to a 25 year-old with 64 leagues start in his entire career is irresponsible. Win some, lose some? Not really a good enough excuse tbh...

I wish you'd let this go. Everyone knows you believe we were wrong to offer such a long contract. It's tedious.

Alternatively you can be realistic and see wages as a necessary expenditure and 5 year contracts as the 3 year contracts they actually are in todays game.

I'm all in favour of the five year contracts but that's not the issue here imo, the issue is that we chose to pay a highly injury prone player with questionable recent history to be a member of our squad on the basis that we didn't have to pay a transfer fee. There's undoubtedly many, many players with better fitness records we could have brought in instead had we been willing to pay a fee.

Alternatively you can be realistic and see wages as a necessary expenditure and 5 year contracts as the 3 year contracts they actually are in todays game.

I'm all in favour of the five year contracts but that's not the issue here imo, the issue is that we chose to pay a highly injury prone player with questionable recent history to be a member of our squad on the basis that we didn't have to pay a transfer fee. There's undoubtedly many, many players with better fitness records we could have brought in instead had we been willing to pay a fee.

Nail on the head.

If we can get Marveaux fit then we've got a very good player on the cheap and he will have been worth the gamble.

:thup:

Colocho really is Ronaldo after a lobotomy.

Keep up the "you're an idiot" argument, pretty much all you've got.