London 2012: Mexico win Olympic football gold

Sifu

Might have been mentioned but they've released 1,000 extra tickets for tomorrow's Quarter Final to be sold at the ground £20 a pop.  Could have gone already but I'm heading along to SJP to try my luck.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-19108647

Aye, they are only on sale for today though.

Sold oot

The new batch are sold out?  Cripes.  Did you try and get some mate? 

Looks like you've saved me a trip anyway.

Might have been mentioned but they've released 1,000 extra tickets for tomorrow's Quarter Final to be sold at the ground £20 a pop.  Could have gone already but I'm heading along to SJP to try my luck.

Sold oot

Was on Twitter:

NewcastleCityCouncil ‏@NewcastleCC

"Tickets for the men's quarter-final match on Saturday at St. James' Park are now all sold out including extra tix released this am #NE2012 "

Sold oot

Was on Twitter:

"Tickets for the men's quarter-final match on Saturday at St. James' Park are now all sold out including extra tix released this am #NE2012 "

Ah, fuck. You've saved me a drive to town at least. :thup:

Sold oot

Was on Twitter:

Cheers for the heads-up mate :thup:

That midfield trio of Cleverley, Ramsey and Allen worked very well. We need to try and get a similar set up in the England team.

I'm scottish Cronky, but even I know the welsh can't play for england!

Bloody hell, and I worded it so carefully. 'Similar set-up' doesn't mean 'same players.' I meant an energetic midfield three who were all comfortable on the ball.

Does anyone know if the tickets were a flat rate i.e same whether you were an adult or child?

Someone is offering me a couple of tickets but I think one of them was bought for their child.

Does anyone know if the tickets were a flat rate i.e same whether you were an adult or child?

Someone is offering me a couple of tickets but I think one of them was bought for their child.

Nope, children 'pay their age', as in £1 for each year.

Can't wait for tonight's match. Going to be a real midfield battle with both teams probably lining up 4-2-3-1.

Hoping our superior work rate will be able to grind down the tired legs from GB. We've also got the advantage in that most of our players have been together continuously since the U-20 World Cup in 2009. Hopefully this will be enough to overcome home advantage and disparity in individual ability.

already got me ticket.  If I rocked up to SJP about 4.15 today will there be a farcical problem getting in?  Keep getting emails about the "plenty of time"/2 hours thing but am I fuck sitting there from 3 onwards.  The Town Wall needs my business.

Think I'll be going in around then. Have one in the ground before the anthems. Be good to get back in the stadium again even if I am in the wrong end.

Did anybody realise the Canada Womens coac Jon Herdman is from Consett, Co Durham?

His other claim to fame was getting arrested for making a "joke" bomb threat on a plane on the way back from his holidays.

already got me ticket.  If I rocked up to SJP about 4.15 today will there be a farcical problem getting in?  Keep getting emails about the "plenty of time"/2 hours thing but am I fuck sitting there from 3 onwards.  The Town Wall needs my business.

It's all to do with the longer you wait in the stadium the more money you will end up spending on food and drinks. NUFC do the same, they recommend everyone being in at least half and hour before KO.

The Olympics have fucked everyone over though in the sense that they arn't allowed to bring in their own bottles etc for "safety" so you have to pay whatever they decide they are charging at SJP. Just a heads up though only cash and Visa will be used for payments. Mastercard won't be accepted as Visa is the Olympics sponsor.

Didn't realise the Canada coach yesterday was from Consett?

Did anybody realise the Canada Womens coac Jon Herdman is from Consett, Co Durham?

His other claim to fame was getting arrested for making a "joke" bomb threat on a plane on the way back from his holidays.

Giggs did.

Ian DennisVerified ‏@Iandennisbbc

Of all of the football venues for Olympic football and I've been to them all bar Hampden.... St James Park has tightest security. #fortknox

3:09 PM - 4 Aug 12