Tranquillo Barnetta signs for Schalke

oldtype

If 40k is 'ridiculous' how much difference is 10k going to make? That is our supposed ceiling after all.

Surely the agent knows we won't be able to really up the offer that much but they're still talking with us or at least were until today, possible mileage left in this for me. Does this also mean we had a bid accepted if we were discussing personal terms?

Why would we offer a shitload of cash to them and a ridiculously low amount to Barnetta though?

Now, that is a question I would like an answer to as well, my bet is on the "we tried to sign him but he wouldn't come, but hey we tried!" excuse that gets thrown around by the assholes.

Why would we offer a shitload of cash to them and a ridiculously low amount to Barnetta though?

Now, that is a question I would like an answer to as well, my bet is on the "we tried to sign him but he wouldn't come, but hey we tried!" excuse that gets thrown around by the assholes.

Think it's more likely that every player has a different idea of what he needs to be paid.

I don't buy this idea that we're making approaches that we know won't come off. It's hardly making the fans feel better, if that's what the point is supposed to be.

Why are we always trying to be so cheap like? Obviously we don't want to (and can't) offer Man City money but ultimately if we are committed to bringing a player in we've got to satisfy everyone. Yes, £40,000 per week is a shitload of cash in the real world, but football has been disconnected from that for so long it seems daft to even bother mentioning it any more.

This reaction from his agent doesn't exactly sound like we're reasonably close to agreeing a deal, does it?

Judging by Caulkin and Edwards' tweets, he might not have been the agent we went through anyway. Will be an interesting press conference at 2pm!

And the agent (if that is what he is) himself says the approach was made behind his back. Christ knows what's going on...

Everything that is wrong with modern football in that quote from the agent.

In the good old day's players would've ditched their Champions League Club to come here on less money  :dave:

Not saying that at all, but to call 40k a week ridiculous, is shameful.

Guest Roger Kint

Did the agent mention how much he was asking for while labelling our offer shite? Brenner on shitter is saying £80k....

Why are we always trying to be so cheap like? Obviously we don't want to offer Man City money but ultimately if we are committed to bringing a player in we've got to satisfy everyone. Yes, £40,000 per week is a shitload of cash in the real world, but football has been disconnected from that for so long it seems daft to even bother mentioning it any more.

This reaction from his agent doesn't exactly sound like we're reasonably close to agreeing a deal, does it?

First bit: 'if we are committed' - we aren't, unless they accept our (relative ofc) piss poor offer.

Second bit: sounds like on FM where they say 'although it's early in the negotiations, significant changes are required for my client to accept your offer'.

Why are we always trying to be so cheap like? Obviously we don't want to offer Man City money but ultimately if we are committed to bringing a player in we've got to satisfy everyone. Yes, £40,000 per week is a shitload of cash in the real world, but football has been disconnected from that for so long it seems daft to even bother mentioning it any more.

Course not, but agents can be prone to exaggerating in the media to achieve what they want.

No idea whether £40k a week is what he's worth, what he should be paid, too much or too little. All football wages are mental. But I wouldn't go as far as to say that means we should pay every player whatever it takes to get them.

Do you? Would we be having this debate if we'd offered him 50k, or 60k? Just seems like a discussion that's purely subjective.

Say we've offered him the same as Cabaye is on, that seems fair to me.

We've already had players that only play for us because we're giving them a lot of money - that got us relegated.

OK, sensible thing to do is to only offer players less than they're on already, not be able to sign anyone and see if that gets us relegated.  If that doesn't work then I'm stumped, not sure how any teams manage to stay in the premier league.

Did the agent mention how much he was asking for while labelling our offer s****? Brenner on shitter is saying £80k....

Brenner has picked a figure out of his arse, he's being sarcastic.

Thing is for these not already Prem players we could be a stepping stone to a much bigger wage.

No way he is on £40k at the moment, one good season with us and Spuds or Liverpool will offer him a much bigger wage.

Guest Roger Kint

Did the agent mention how much he was asking for while labelling our offer s****? Brenner on shitter is saying £80k....

Brenner has picked a figure out of his arse, he's being sarcastic.

No shit sherlock

Says McIntosh is his 'British representative.' Might mean he has an agent over there but this guy is trying to get paid as a contact or whatever, feels he's being cut out and his bad mouthing us to the press.

Now, i know i'm not Mr Positive around here (clearly Ian W, bless him) but i'm not going to think the worst based on what this dickhead's said to SSN.