Tranquillo Barnetta signs for Schalke

oldtype

Guest Roger Kint

According to swiss media he's on 1.6 Million EUR a year...

That's about £26k per week at current exchange rates.

Sounds like his agent is getting mixed up with 40k Euro's and £40k.

It's more like 30k per week though.  Sounds like his agent is full of s***.

Not too sure of German taxes but £40k is about £20k NET(give or take) in UK so depending on what they take off its possible he could technically be on more there. That said i thought Germans highest tax payers werent far off ours at 45% ish iirc

It appears that this guy isn't his actual agent but just his English representative.

Also a quick google search also shows that this guy likes to argue that he's players agents when in fact he's not. Blackburn have twice had a run in with him.

Suspicious about this 'agent' - I'm not worried about this story at all. Pretty confident we'll get him, which might look foolish considering how this summer has gone.

Seem to remember a number of people saying the same about Erdinc. ;)

If i was offered 40k a week from work, i would say that was 'rediculous' as well... :dowie:

Too right, don't sell yourself short, hold out for 60.

Haha...on a more serious note, whether he is his real agent or not, what an arrogant loudmouth prick for referring to that sort of money as 'rediculous'...

It appears that this guy isn't his actual agent but just his English representative.

Also a quick google search also shows that this guy likes to argue that he's players agents when in fact he's not. Blackburn have twice had a run in with him.

Fucking hell :lol:

Suspicious about this 'agent' - I'm not worried about this story at all. Pretty confident we'll get him, which might look foolish considering how this summer has gone.

Seem to remember a number of people saying the same about Erdinc. ;)

Guilty :D Ferguson was hinting yesterday that PSG want Berbatov......one more striker and surely he has to leave them. 4th choice, man.

Got some links to those articles?

Theirs one from a little while ago concerning Birmingham.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/FIFA-probe-Birmingham-s-Christian-Benitez-transfer-article221503.html