Tranquillo Barnetta signs for Schalke

oldtype

Do we know what Tiote,Cabaye,Ban Arfa,Marveux and Ba are on ? I have not been following too much but if these mentioned are on similar or less then Barnetta can do one and play for just the money elsewhere. The agent makes it sound like Barnetta wouldn`t want to play for us because were shit unless he was making top money. Had enough of Luque`s and Owen`s to last me a life time.

Fair point, but I wish we'd straighten all this out beforehand with the player rather than wait two months before finding out what he wants.

A lot of what Ashley is doing I can understand is for the long term good of the club and football generally, admittedly its not what the average fan wants, they want us to be like we were but that was never going to last.

You have a good point and its something I can`t understand is how long they take to get anything done.

£40k is decent money like. Even in a footballing context, I'd say that's a pretty good deal for a player like Barnetta. Genuinely can't see him being on more than that at Leverkusen: yes, they came second in the Bundesliga last year but that doesn't mean to say that their squad suddenly commands a Bayern Munich-esq wage bill. IIRC it's the first time they've finished second since 01/02.

In short, I'm still fairly confident that we can land Barnetta.

Still feel sorry for Leverkusen that year. 2nd in the league, cup and CL, and their best players had already agreed terms with other clubs the following season making it impossible to redeem themselves.

Well this thread has proved one thing to me, people believe whatever the hell they want to as long as it fits with all their other preconceived notions.

Half the responses clearly weren't even reading the thread or worse, willfully ignoring the bits they didn't want to accept. :mike:

Well this thread has proved one thing to me, people believe whatever the hell they want to as long as it fits with all their other preconceived notions.

Half the responses clearly weren't even reading the thread or worse, willfully ignoring the bits they didn't want to accept. :mike:

agree - some just cant wait to jump on the bandwagon

Steve Brenner still thinks the agent isn't the agent.

SunSteveBrennerSteve Brenner

So loudmouth Barry McIntosh doesn't represent Barnetta at all.Yet he was slagging off #nufc bid this morning?Agents pretending to be agents.

4 minutes agoFavoriteRetweetReply

ALL agents are c***s but it still does not mean we did not take the p*ss with pathetic terms

This, although this Man, I do like his attempt at pretending to be Barnetta's actual agent. :laugh:

The thread title :iamatwat: