Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Poor by colo, put the effort in, see us through the season and then go. Really disappointed our captain would do this at a crucial point in time for the club.

You don't know what his personal reasons are.

Is that not simply just a re-hash of what was said last week?

That's what I was thinking, a lot of (hopefully) conjecture around previous quotes. No smoke without fire though.

Can't buy out his contract 'til March 2015 in accordance with FIFA rules if my understanding is correct.

Is that not simply just a re-hash of what was said last week?

Well it states:

Newcastle United have been rocked by the request of their captain, Fabricio Coloccini, to leave the club during the January transfer window. The 30-year-old told club officials today that he wanted to return home to Argentina.

His representatives flew to Tyneside for a meeting to tell the club that the player no longer felt he could stay and wished to leave before the end of the month.

Poor by colo, put the effort in, see us through the season and then go. Really disappointed our captain would do this at a crucial point in time for the club.

I don't think it's a family issue if that's what you are hinting at.

Pardew has even said they have had arguments. Put them to aside and get us to the summer and then leave.

Just as bad as Shay Given jumping ship.

I think it's true.

After a spat with his captain, Alan Pardew was keen to build bridges, but it was more about burning them for Harry Redknapp and several members of his Queen's Park Rangers squad. ....

"Before the game, I said to him: 'Be our leader, be a captain and make sure they don't get a sniff of a goal'. When you ask someone to do a job and they do it, it's only right you pay your respects to them. You fall out with players all the time as a manager, because if not you're not doing your job. Sometimes I have to say what I think is right – even your most senior players can disagree with it. I have no problem with that.

"He was never off my Christmas card list because it wasn't me who had the problem. In any walk of life you have to be a man sometimes and admit when you're wrong and also pay your respects when someone does something right and I thought Colo was absolutely brilliant."

I think Pardew singled him out in private, gave Colo some words and it has lead to this.

Let's be honest Pardew is f***ing clueless on how to handle anything.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/it-ends-in-hugs-for-pardew-and-coloccini--but-not-for-harry-8430623.html]

100 times worse, we had Harper to replace Given. We have no one to replace Colo.

I don't think it's a family issue if that's what you are hinting at.

Pardew has even said they have had arguments. Put them to aside and get us to the summer and then leave.

Just as bad as Shay Given jumping ship.