Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

fantastic player, and would be happy for him to have some role in the club after he stops playing, but he's not reliable anymore. A club with foresight would have had a few young centre backs of genuine quality competing for places over this (and last) season so that the changeover would be easy. We will panic buy someone who will turn out to be shit, still need another CB to replace Willo as well and be shit at the back for at least 2 more seasons.

fantastic player, and would be happy for him to have some role in the club after he stops playing, but he's not reliable anymore. A club with foresight would have had a few young centre backs of genuine quality competing for places over this (and last) season so that the changeover would be easy. We will panic buy someone who will turn out to be shit, still need another CB to replace Willo as well and be shit at the back for at least 2 more seasons.

Ideally we should have Lascelles here competing alongside Dummett. Disappointed Streete hasn't made the step up.

Would love for us to go for Caulker this summer, providing QPR go down.

Not too sure why there is so much disrespect in here for him.

He's been a good servant, stayed with us when relegated, great player for a few seasons.

Stayed with us when relegated? He was being paid more than twice what any other club in world football would've offered him. As if he had any choice whatsoever.

I don't think there's disrespect for him anyway, he was really good once and there's respect there for that. But fact is he isn't any good anymore, any respectable club wouldn't have him or anyone else we currently have at the football club.( as it equates to CBs)

He's been a good servant, stayed with us when relegated, great player for a few seasons.

Stayed with us when relegated? He was being paid more than twice what any other club in world football would've offered him. As if he had any choice whatsoever.

No need to use that as a stick to beat him with. He could've left, as so many players did. He could've stayed and not given a shit. Neither of those things happened and he was arguably the most important squad member in terms of getting us back up and consolidating our position in the Premier League the following season. Then in 11/12 when we finished 5th, he was at least an 8/10 every single week. He was an absolute giant for us in those three years but rapidly went off the boil. It's ridiculous that he's still a guaranteed starter, like.

At one point be was one of the best I've ever seen at the club.  But thats been tarnished somewhat by him wanting to leave and claims that he was one of the senior players behind removing the likes of Ben Arfa from the club.

Just from what I've heard he never seems to stand up and be counted (or at least not for the better of the team) despite being the captain.

Fair enough some of its only heresay, but its been repeated so often (and to my memory never contradicted in any info I've heard or read) that personally I believe it.  At this point I'd be happy if he'd just leave for that Argentine club he wanted to play for in the summer and have nothing more to do with the club.

Assuming we actually decide to buy a first team center back..

Have only seen their second goal and got to say, typical Colo. Stupid decision to come that far out and a pathetic challenge in the air.

Of course he'll have one good game in about 10-15 and his fans will tell us all how amazing he is.

Guest Roger Kint

Have only seen their second goal and got to say, typical Colo. Stupid decision to come that far out and a pathetic challenge in the air.

Of course he'll have one good game in about 10-15 and his fans will tell us all how amazing he is.

He did a bigger mistake just before Pelle hit the bar, just decided to stop running on the edge of the box and let him get in behind Dummett at the front post, luckily Clynes cross was too long that time. Making a bad habit of sauntering back lately and leaving huge gaps

He could quite blatantly head the ball into his own net on purpose and you/AndyMc/Paully would still try to construct a defence for him. Boring as f***.

Ha ha!

You're equally as biased the other way mind mate!

He's still be far our best CH and several others should have also done much better for both goals!

Guest antz1uk

after that 1st year with us, my local amatuer club wouldn't have taken him for free, he was abysmal the year we got relegated, and the fact he tried to F/O to San Lorenzo doesn't seem to resonate with a few on here, had he not been tied to a huge contract, he would have been off long ago, now he's on the wain he's quite happy to stay and collect his huge wage cheque week in week out. For a supposed club captain i don't think i've heard him speak once

He did a bigger mistake just before Pelle hit the bar, just decided to stop running on the edge of the box and let him get in behind Dummett at the front post, luckily Clynes cross was too long that time. Making a bad habit of sauntering back lately and leaving huge gaps

Just seen the first goal now, he did exactly the same thing. What a fucking clown this guy is.

Haven't seen anything back but Krul should've saved the first one, went right through him 

Yip, can't see how you can blame colo for that and the 2nd took a big deflection off Janmaat,

I thought Krul was shaky all day which made the defence nervous.

We didn't deal very well with Pelle in the air but our 2 biggest and (cough ahem) strongest centre backs weren't playing.