Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

It's never ever a foul - I can't believe people think it was?! He was playing really well until it happened - joke of a decision!

Yup. In slow motion you can even see Fletcher leaning into Coloccini first, and just bounces off him and falls over like the soft s**** he is. In that specific angle Coloccini makes no "charge" towards the bearded fanny, and simply stays his course to protect the ball into the hands of Elliott.

Colo should be dropped from the line-up anyway. Maybe we have no decent backup but it's way too many times Colo's been at least partly guilty for conceding an easy goal. He's no leader at all(the least with his performances on the pitch) and a few games on the bench might do some miracles. No point playing 33 years old veteran when we have couple of young players with some potential waiting...

Just to rub salt into the wounds, we'll probably win the appeal and the ref will admit it was a mistake.

Didn't even think of that - but so true. Ahhh sorry Newcastle got it wrong, I'm only human and make mistakes - sorry I was the underlying reason why you lost 3-0 in your derby.

Colo could literally walk off the field 20 minutes into a game in order to catch a flight to Argentina and Paully would still come out with the old 'playing really well until' spiel. Embarrassing.

Would suggest arguing to the contrary is embarrassing yesterday. He was perfectly solid and was sent off for a valid piece of defensive work.

Just catching up. Surprised so many people say it was a pen and not a red. If there's any chance of the attacker getting to that ball first then them's the rules if it is deemed a foul, and you couldn't categorically say he wouldn't have done there.

My main concern was whether it was a foul or not. In my view it was what I've always thought was a legal shoulder barge. That happens 5 years ago, or as the defender is trying to shepherd the ball out of play then nothing would be given.

Regardless it's his own daft fucking fault for putting himself in that position. Would far rather he'd not even made contact and not taken a risk. That goes in and we'd have still won the match imo, we looked by far the better side even with 10 men.

Guest neesy111

Just catching up. Surprised so many people say it was a pen and not a red. If there's any chance of the attacker getting to that ball first then them's the rules if it is deemed a foul, and you couldn't categorically say he wouldn't have done there.

My main concern was whether it was a foul or not. In my view it was what I've always thought was a legal shoulder barge. That happens 5 years ago, or as the defender is trying to shepherd the ball out of play then nothing would be given.

Regardless it's his own daft fucking fault for putting himself in that position. Would far rather he'd not even made contact and not taken a risk. That goes in and we'd have still won the match imo, we looked by far the better side even with 10 men.

The chance had gone though, so it wasn't a goalscoring opportunity.

He was decent yesterday, so was Tiote. It was weird.

Not really, Colo can have outstanding matches where he looks boss, but then there will be games where he struggles against the pace and power strikers. Unfortunately that's the case with the rest of our cb's as well. We needed to buy a big hard cb in the John Terry mode. Tiote always looks rusty after a long lay off and generally starts to look much better after a few games to get up to speed.

The chance had gone though, so it wasn't a goalscoring opportunity.

I disagree tbh, there's a chance he would have got there.

Not really, Colo can have outstanding matches where he looks boss, but then there will be games where he struggles against the pace and power strikers. Unfortunately that's the case with the rest of our cb's as well. We needed to buy a big hard cb in the John Terry mode. Tiote always looks rusty after a long lay off and generally starts to look much better after a few games to get up to speed.

Or we were just up against the shittest group of players in the league.

Or we were just up against the shittest group of players in the league.

Wasn't he MoM against Man U?

IMO he should know better than to make that type of off the ball shoulder barge in the box in a derby. Fletcher went down easy a fuck load by the way (besides the point).

Getting yourself sent off like that is daft when you are last man back - b/c like was said before, if we were 1-0 down to them we still would have probably marched back and took the match as they were absolute turbo.