Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Didn't put a foot wrong today. However slightly puked in my mouth when the commentator came out with the "Fabricio the Brave" line.

That annoyed me so much I missed the 2nd goal going on here to complain about it  :lol:

;D

He was fine today but I thought he followed the ball far too much rather than keeping position. He was all over the place.

If he hadn't done that then Dummett would have got skinned on more than one occasion.

He was fine today but I thought he followed the ball far too much rather than keeping position. He was all over the place.

If he hadn't done that then Dummett would have got skinned on more than one occasion.

That's fair but he was in centre mid (and up front :lol: ) a good few times.

Don't know why he chose to attack the Gallowgate in the first half.

We kicked off didn't we? Which means Liverpool choose ends.

He definitely told the ref he wanted to change ends :dontknow:

Aye Colo definitely asked to change ends, was weird.

We always try to attack the Gallowgate end first if we get the choice.

The chronicle did some statistics a few years back that shows that we get better results when we do.

Thought it was the opposite and we like to attack the Gallowgate 2nd half with it not only being our "home end" but also because of the 6ft slope down to that end of the pitch which comes into play more as the legs get tired.

We always try to attack the Gallowgate end first if we get the choice.

The chronicle did some statistics a few years back that shows that we get better results when we do.

Thought it was the opposite and we like to attack the Gallowgate 2nd half with it not only being our "home end" but also because of the 6ft slope down to that end of the pitch which comes into play more as the legs get tired.

This, we always attack the Leazes end first due to the massive slope in the pitch but teams who win the toss make us change ends.

Last week I urged captain Fabricio Coloccini and manager Steve McClaren to reconcile their differences after media reports claimed that there had been a bust-up. Well, if bust-ups cause this sort of reaction in McClaren's dressing room then they should consider 'clearing the air' more often.

:lol:

Can just imagine Garth randomly ringing up players and managers to part his wisdom.

Sounds harsh but I struggle to take long-term conclusions from a match like that. We wanted it so much more than Liverpool which is rare for us. Coloccini embodied that. He was determined to win as many headers and tackles as needed. Aggressive in the air and when he got his head to it, the header would boom out of danger. Was a leader on the pitch, helping out Dummett when needed.

I've just watched the Tottenham goal on TV, Colo was marking Dier and he just allowed him to jog away, the commentator absolutely raked him for it! The bloke had a decent game but he is a complete liability at times. :knuppel2:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest chopey

Might be worth stopping at WHsmith on the way home Colo, this situation needs a good old fashioned letter that Stevie can wave around at the next press conference.