Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Does anyone know how Matip and Jannik Vestergaard have been doing this season in the Bundesliga? At least Schalke seem to have a decent season. Not sure if we're gonna be able to attract these anyway..

Guest Roger Kint

Does anyone know how Matip and Jannik Vestergaard have been doing this season in the Bundesliga? At least Schalke seem to have a decent season. Not sure if we're gonna be able to attract these anyway..

Do we really want a first choice African Cb pairing though? Could lose both for 6 weeks next season

4) Is the gaffe-prone Coloccini undroppable?

Newcastle’s six-match losing streak against Sunderland is little short of extraordinary and they emerge from their latest reverse against their local rivals in dire need of a win to boost flagging morale and help drag themselves up the table. Steve McClaren has suffered a couple of setbacks in the build-up to his latest encounter with a team who ply their trade in red and white stripes in Stoke, with midfielder Jack Colback unavailable due to suspension (and likely to miss more games through injury) and haphazard defending’s Fabricio Coloccini available for selection again after having the harsh red card he picked up in the Wear-Tyne derby correctly overturned. A man of few public utterances, Coloccini is not a popular choice as captain with many Newcastle fans believing the armband renders the gaffe-prone Argentinian undroppable, when his performances suggest he should be anything but ever-present in the struggling side. The Newcastle skipper was uncharacteristically vocal this week when railing against the injustice visited upon him by referee Robert Madley and it will be intriguing to see if his very obvious sense of grievance affects his performance for good or ill.

• 2 weeks later...

Best outfield player today.

Cue Ronaldo in 3....2....

Coloccini played well today. You're still a s*** poster, mind.

:lol:

I've been a Colo supporter in the past but I thought he was pretty poor in the first half today, and excellent in the second. The way Josh King waltzed past him in the first half was pathetic.

Best outfield player today.

Cue Ronaldo in 3....2....

Coloccini played well today. You're still a s*** poster, mind.

[emoji38]

I've been a Colo supporter in the past but I thought he was pretty poor in the first half today, and excellent in the second. The way Josh King waltzed past him in the first half was pathetic.

Same, awful in the first half like everyone else.

I thought that Coloccini played well for the whole 90 minutes, he looked a bit ragged in the first half but that was down to trying to be everywhere and cover for others which he shouldn't really be faulted for.

I thought that Coloccini played well for the whole 90 minutes, he looked a bit ragged in the first half but that was down to trying to be everywhere and cover for others which he shouldn't really be faulted for.

Correct - I thought he was our best outfield player!