Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Except he's got a contractual obligation.

Yeah, no doubt. He's honoring his contract by coming to the games and training. So we can leave it here, and wonder if we're getting 100 percent from a guy that wants to leave when we can't afford to wonder that, or we can thank him for the years and get the best deal and move on. No need to hate, no feeling betrayed. Just a stoic acceptance that our passion is a business.

What he's asking for is nowhere close to the best financial deal for both parties.

Yeah, no doubt. He's honoring his contract by coming to the games and training. So we can leave it here, and wonder if we're getting 100 percent from a guy that wants to leave when we can't afford to wonder that, or we can thank him for the years and get the best deal and move on. No need to hate, no feeling betrayed. Just a stoic acceptance that our passion is a business.

What he's asking for is nowhere close to the best financial deal for both parties.

That's probably why he's still here (<- not sarcasm, or passive aggressive. Looks dickish.). Get a replacement in and sort it out before the end of the window, or get a replacement in and use him when you have to.

Pro sports operate in an alternate reality where people can pretty much do whatever the fuck they want to do.

:lol: There's only a handful of people in the world that can do what they do. So if they're the cream of the crop of that handful, they can write their own tickets for a decade or more. This is why loyalty to anything other than the laundry is just asking to be disappointed.

Well this is easily the page with the most :anguish: I've read recently in the football forum and quite frankly that takes some amazing doing. Chicos muy bueno.

This is what happens when you stay up until 2am. Every thread is like stepping into the MLS thread.

That's probably why he's still here (<- not sarcasm, or passive aggressive. Looks dickish.). Get a replacement in and sort it out before the end of the window, or get a replacement in and use him when you have to.

I get it, but it just goes along with how far pro sports are removed from the real world. Employees running the show.

Well this is easily the page with the most :anguish: I've read recently in the football forum and quite frankly that takes some amazing doing. Chicos muy bueno.

This is what happens when you stay up until 2am. Every thread is like stepping into the MLS thread.

http://senseslost.com/third-rail-content/uploads/we-own-the-night.jpg

I get it, but it just goes along with how far pro sports are removed from the real world. Employees running the show.

Can't ask an athlete to have any loyalty when he knows that the second he loses too many steps he's out on his ass. Get the best deal you can get for yourself, and the hell with the rest. No loyalty coming from the top, why have any loyalty for them?

Can't ask an athlete to have any loyalty when he knows that the second he loses too many steps he's out on his ass. Get the best deal you can get for yourself, and the hell with the rest. No loyalty coming from the top, why have any loyalty for them?

I'd agree loyalty from either side shouldn't be expected, but living up to your agreements should be expected.

I'd agree loyalty from either side shouldn't be expected, but living up to your agreements should be expected.

I hear what you're saying, I just feel like he's doing that.

The only loyal people in sports are the fans, and naturally we get fucked with the most of anyone..

I just hope Colo stays, he would have been the last person I would have expected to leave us at a time like this...

:lol: :lol: that avatar. Perfect.

The only loyal people in sports are the fans, and naturally we get f***ed with the most of anyone..

I just hope Colo stays, he would have been the last person I would have expected to leave us at a time like this...

:lol: :lol: that avatar. Perfect.

haha, wish it was zoomed in a bit more the look on his face is priceless :lol:

Mike, wrong, absolutely wrong. No one would blame him to jump if we relegated, but he, as a captain, deserve to be burnt to death for jumping ship during our relegation fight.

I will lose all my respect on him if there is no wife illness etc. He is a captain, f***ing hell.

I just can't do it. He's made it clear well before the end of the window he doesn't want to be a part of this again. So it's the responsibility of the club to bring in a suitable replacement.

Honestly, whenever he made it clear that he wanted out (assuming we go down) he would catch s*** for it.

Captain or not, his heart isn't in the fight and he wants out. I respect him for being semi honest about it. I don't care if he stays in San Lorenzo for four months and then comes back to Europe. He didn't betray us.

Any player coming into the club this month know what they're in for over the next five months and what's expected of them, so we have an opportunity to move forward with players that are up for the fight, rather then hoping for occasional moments of pure class from a man that just doesn't seem to want to go through it again.

Getting paid very handsomely at the same time also. If the rumours are true and his wife is not ill even more so. He signed a fat new contract last year and wanting to bale on us at this time of year when we are very close to being relegated is nothing short of being totally disrespectful to the fans and club he claims to love. If Lorenzo want him make them pay his worth or tell them and him to fuck off.