Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

People very comfortable to jump on the bandwagon that he's eager to pull his kids away from school, their friends, the academy and take them (and his wife who by all accounts is very settled here) to a country they've never known just so he can have a massive pay cut.

People very comfortable to jump on the bandwagon that he's eager to pull his kids away from school, their friends, the academy and take them (and his wife who by all accounts is very settled here) to a country they've never known just so he can have a massive pay cut.

I would love to know how much influence his old man is having on this situation.

Guest icemanblue

Lost all my respect for him. Great footballer but not fit to wear the shirt or the armband.

If this comes to pass then, yeah, I agree. Let's see what happens today.

If his motives for leaving are sinister and he's practically jumping ship - I'll be f***ing gutted. I absolutely love the player, would be a crying shame....lose a ton of respect for him as well.

I don't blame the guy. I can't. He stayed the first time, I can't expect him to stay again.

why ? he's paid bloody well to play football, it's not really a big thing to have to do it at a lower level for many thousands of pounds.

Except he's got a contractual obligation.

Yeah, no doubt. He's honoring his contract by coming to the games and training. So we can leave it here, and wonder if we're getting 100 percent from a guy that wants to leave when we can't afford to wonder that, or we can thank him for the years and get the best deal and move on. No need to hate, no feeling betrayed. Just a stoic acceptance that our passion is a business.

What he's asking for is nowhere close to the best financial deal for both parties.

That's probably why he's still here (<- not sarcasm, or passive aggressive. Looks dickish.). Get a replacement in and sort it out before the end of the window, or get a replacement in and use him when you have to.

I get it, but it just goes along with how far pro sports are removed from the real world. Employees running the show.

Can't ask an athlete to have any loyalty when he knows that the second he loses too many steps he's out on his ass. Get the best deal you can get for yourself, and the hell with the rest. No loyalty coming from the top, why have any loyalty for them?

cos he signed a contract saying that he would and if he turns crap we still have to pay him.

Mike, wrong, absolutely wrong. No one would blame him to jump if we relegated, but he, as a captain, deserve to be burnt to death for jumping ship during our relegation fight.

I will lose all my respect on him if there is no wife illness etc. He is a captain, f***ing hell.

I just can't do it. He's made it clear well before the end of the window he doesn't want to be a part of this again. So it's the responsibility of the club to bring in a suitable replacement.

Honestly, whenever he made it clear that he wanted out (assuming we go down) he would catch s*** for it.

Captain or not, his heart isn't in the fight and he wants out. I respect him for being semi honest about it. I don't care if he stays in San Lorenzo for four months and then comes back to Europe. He didn't betray us.

Any player coming into the club this month know what they're in for over the next five months and what's expected of them, so we have an opportunity to move forward with players that are up for the fight, rather then hoping for occasional moments of pure class from a man that just doesn't seem to want to go through it again.

part of what again, he's a very well paid footballer, he's not going to afghanistan or syria. if it's that bad, retire.

No way should we let him go, not now or in the summer, the only way is if they pay what he is worth. Still this makes him feel like a twat. Why the hell would he sign a contract extension and then just do this? Makes no sense at all.

Sick of this. The way they're looking at demanding we give up one of our best assets is laughable. Mike and Derek should have laughed them out of the meeting ages ago

There's no way they let him walk for free. No way. If he leaves it will be on our terms. We know these lot well enough to know they arent just going to let him walk.

Guest Brazilianbob

If he has to go then we should simply retain his playing registration if San Lorenzo cant pay a decent fee for him.  Something else that doesn't add up is that he funds an orphanage back in Argentina doesnt he?  How is he going to keep funding that if he loses the wages we are paying him.  Maybe he is getting stuffed with tax by the UK because he is sending money abroad and needs to get out of the country before he has to stump up a hefty amount to the taman, or maybe San Lorenzo said they will fund it ad infinitum if he plays for them?  Perhaps that is his reason for wanting to join them.  If he was disillusioned with football surely he would just retire.  I think its clear he wants to keep playing so there has to be an underlying reason.  The Talksport S American ITK said there was no question of his wife being ill when San Lorenzo first indicated he wanted to go home to Argentina and play for them, that was only mentioned when it transpired that he had just signed a four year contract and wouldnt be able to buy himself out of his contract, without the permission of NUFC, until there were only two years left to run, a la Jonas at Real Mallorca.

I don't get what there is to discuss, surely we would be reluctant to let him go even for a fee unless it was a really good offer. He needs to fkn man up and get on with his job, the one we pay him to do, the one we pay him VERY well to do.

The club want the fans to show him love keep him, well its getting harder and harder to do that the longer this drags on without us knowing the facts, hard to sympathize with him when we have no idea why he is so desperate to leave.

I don't get what there is to discuss, surely we would be reluctant to let him go even for a fee unless it was a really good offer. He needs to fkn man up and get on with his job, the one we pay him to do, the one we pay him VERY well to do.

The club want the fans to show him love keep him, well its getting harder and harder to do that the longer this drags on without us knowing the facts, hard to sympathize with him when we have no idea why he is so desperate to leave.

Also, I can only assume it's not genuinely urgent/essential because he hasn't gone already.

If he really doesn't want to stay surely we could come to a compromise and allow him to buy his contract out once we are safe from relegation

Buy himself out of his contact in May is the ONLY option he should be offered  if he does not give his all until then, then he should be made to see out his contract.

I know we would be paying him but we cannot be put through this by any player let alone our club Captain.

Can see these dicks leaving the negotiation table with Colo having got what they came for then turning and saying "Any chance you could get your PM to give us the Falklands too?"

Honestly don't understand what appears to be them thinking they have a right to just take him and us to be completely fine with that.

Osvaldo is a fucking arsehole as well.