Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

This just seems insane to me. San Lorenzo and Colo' think that they have all the bargaining chips by.... not offering us any money or any kind of financial incentive and setting a deadline for us to accept their offer to let our Captain go.

It's the equivilant of Luxembourg demanding China submit to all their demands or prepare to be ahinallated.

His contract is worth more than his transfer fee.

If he's on 50k p/w that's 2.5m a year. 3 years left, 7.5m

Yep, but he actually plays football for us for his contract. We get a service. He goes, we lose the service.

Is he not on £85k pw?

He's on 60k a week now.

So that was the conditions of the new 5 year contract last year? If so, not bad by Ashley like...

This is a case of player power. The alternative is that he stays and is forced into the reserves. We all lose out. Least this way we recoup the wages (I know we lose out on a fee but we know Ashley wouldnt snub a chance to save some cash...). I think he will stay til end of the season. Hopefully the fans stay behind him and give him a send off (unless his "personal issue" is more along the lines of the "rumours" rather than the illness story)

Guest Roger Kint

Is he not on £85k pw?

He's on 60k a week now.

So that was the conditions of the new 5 year contract last year? If so, not bad by Ashley like...

It was reported that his deal was an increase on the previous one wasnt it? Clearly the £80k wages were bullshit in that case.

Release him from his contract. Hold his registration. If he's that desperate to play football then San Lorenzo can cough up a fee. Otherwise I'm sure there's some five a side nets somewhere in Argentina. Either the family issues are true and it's not about the football. Or it's purely about wanting to ditch us for his hometown and his daddy and he can get absolutely and royally fucked.

What annoys me the most is that his dad and club - in the quotes i have read - always speaks about how nice it would be for them to work together.

Its never about colos wife being sick. WTF, i know her sickness shouldn´t be "that" public, but maybe everybody was more understanding when we knew what it was all about.

colo should (as our captain - in hard times) tell us what is going on imo.

I believe his wife is sick and it is truely sad...but it easy to be suspicious about her condition and if it is used as a strategy to make a move easier...

Only could that happen to NUFC like, Aragorn buying our captain for some skint Argentinian team.

I swear to god if we lose Colo because of Aragorn, LOTR is ruined for ever.

actually i think its the best solution we could hope for...

Only could that happen to NUFC like, Aragorn buying our captain for some skint Argentinian team.

Its sad, pathetic and geeky to think this, but it was my first thought as well  :lol:

What's this about this being funded by Viggo Mortensen?

Possibly the most random post I've ever read.

He's a massive San Lorenzo fan.

Aye it wouldn't surprise me at all if he is funding them in some way.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/interesting.gif

Guest Vinkent

It's TT's fucking Redknapp eye up to his old tricks again! :lol:

It's Tevez and Man City all over again. Except at least the would be buyers after Tevez were offering big money...and City still turned them down. Where's Tevez now? Still at City.

Tell San Lorenzo to get fucked. Ashley's not short of money, this is a situation where he should use it to make a point. Let Colo stay in the reserves if he wants to be awkward about honouring his contract.

It's Tevez and Man City all over again. Except at least the would be buyers after Tevez were offering big money...and City still turned them down. Where's Tevez now? Still at City.

Tell San Lorenzo to get fucked. Ashley's not short of money, this is a situation where he should use it to make a point. Let Colo stay in the reserves if he wants to be awkward about honouring his contract.

do that 2nd bit and you open yourself to him getting out on a technicality, happened with Lazio and Pandev a few years ago