Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

I certainly will if I'm told my criticism stems from an incident 2 years back as opposed to him costing us goals every week.

October 2012 - "Best CB in the league"; "I hope we knock down an estate to build a statue of him"

January 2013 - "Lost all my respect for him. Great footballer but not fit to wear the shirt or the armband"; "Great player but a poor leader."

February 2013 - "He made stupid errors for both goals, it's as simple as that. Physically he's not what he was and we're suffering"

March 2013 - "I don't think he gives a s*** anymore"; "He's not looked right for the vast majority of the season"

I don't need to look any further through as all you've done in this thread since then is slate the bloke. You called him a GREAT player in January 2013 when the news of him wanting to go back to Argentina broke. The just two month later you stated that he hadn't looked right for the majority of the season, the same season you called him the best CB in the league. There is no doubt in my mind that your opinion on him as a footballer is swayed by what happened with San Lorenzo.

Becoming more of a liability with every passing game. He's been phenomenal and I quite like the bloke but he's not beyond criticism, he's been responsible for loads of goals over the last 2 seasons. Needs phasing out but it won't happen due to his standing in the club, the lack of quality in his position and the unwillingness to invest in the most important area of the team imo.

And nowt to do with him being crap for the majority of last season and an utterly s*** captain which leads to issues on the field with the other players.

:lol: I've proven how your opinion massively changed after the San Lorenzo incident yet you're still adamant it has nothing to do with that. Less than your magical "2 year ago", you called him the best CB in the league man. Defend that.

I don't have to. I was one of the biggest Colo fans on here till proved just how useless he is as a captain when we needed him most and his defending has been getting worse ever since. He's an absolute laughing stock with other fans now. You'll find plenty of people on here who rated him massively 2 seasons ago who no longer want him anywhere near the team.

I don't have to. I was one of the biggest Colo fans on here till proved just how useless he is as a captain when we needed him most and his defending has been getting worse ever since. He's an absolute laughing stock with other fans now. You'll find plenty of people on here who rated him massively 2 seasons ago who no longer want him anywhere near the team.

In a perfect world we'd have two/three better centre halfs but the reality is we don't. Until we invest in an improvement he's the best option we have, he's certainly not a Rozenhal or Boumsong like you make out.

As I said a week ago, he's brilliant on the ball and very adept at making interceptions but when physical attributes play a part he's totally there for the taking, be it Edin Dzeko or Leroy Fer up against him.

As I said a week ago, he's brilliant on the ball and very adept at making interceptions but when physical attributes play a part he's totally there for the taking, be it Edin Dzeko or Leroy Fer up against him.

He coped fairly well today but was caught out by a brilliant piece of skill by Dzeko. I personally think he'll do ok this season as he'll not be playing against that type of quality every week. But, that is just my opinion. We'll see how it plays out.

:lol: Right? They were laughing at him when he was one of the best CBs in the league ffs.

Guest firetotheworks

It's actually got to the point where I don't know how Ronaldo can be arsed with some of the stuff in the football section. That's the stage that it's gotten to.

It's actually got to the point where I don't know how Ronaldo can be arsed with some of the stuff in the football section. That's the stage that it's gotten to.

It's gotten to the point where if you think Colo isn't replacement worthy you're a snobby numpt.

I dont think he needs replacing as a player but as captain yes

Tiote done a great job last season, it was a teerible desicon to tske it back off him

Colo needs big strong commanding player beside him and we might see him close to his best again

For the first goal yeaterday he didnt trust williamson thats why he went out of positon. I thought it was more jammats fault as he switched off and let silva walk through way too easy

The second goal people are being way too harsh, he was unlucky where the ball landed after kruls save

What's with the Coloccini hatred on here? Ridiculous.

Why? Explain?

Colo's not looked like a good defender for at least 2 years now. He's awful in the air now, he still can't handle a simple ball over the top (it's actually embarrassing watching him struggle with this), he's all over the shop positionally and seems to have lost a yard of pace, when he didn't even have pace to begin with. He actively tried to leave the club yet has still retained the armband, and as others have said he rarely communicates with the rest of the back four....that job is left to Willo who's got one of the softest voices I've ever heard  :lol:

I'd keep him as backup, but I don't want to see him as our first-choice CB anymore, especially as one with the captaincy.

I don't like his partnership with Williamson one bit, especially when facing pacey forwards. Williamson and MYM were a much better combination, and even Saylor and Colo looked a better partnership. For me, the only centre back we have with any recovery pace is Yanga-Mbiwa, so he should play whenever he's available. Williamson to come in when facing an aerial threat, Colo to play otherwise (mainly because he's much better/more intelligent on the ball) and Saylor only in case of emergency. With Yanga-Mbiwa more or less frozen out we're absolutely desperate for another center back who is both commanding in the air and has decent recovery pace.