Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Mind games ;)

To be fair though, nobody could have foreseen Taylor being out for the season so early on. I don't think having your 1st choice CB pairing out at the same time is all too likely, just a shame for us this had to happen now.

As others have said earlier, if we got a defender in the January window, where would that leave us now? Would we have to shift Taylor off to being a backup player, or if we signed a cheap backup player, how would Williamson, Perch and youth feel about being pushed further down the pecking order?

tl;dr - Shit happens to us at the most unwanted times

Anyone other than me think that he's going to be ok?

Scan today/tomorrow...results on Thursday....back in training behind closed doors. 

Meanwhile KKK is busy preparing Liverpool to take advantage of Perchenbauer and then Colo rocks up to unleash the hair into Suarez's teeth on Sunday.

Mind games ;)

To be fair though, nobody could have foreseen Taylor being out for the season so early on. I don't think having your 1st choice CB pairing out at the same time is all too likely, just a shame for us this had to happen now.

As others have said earlier, if we got a defender in the January window, where would that leave us now? Would we have to shift Taylor off to being a backup player, or if we signed a cheap backup player, how would Williamson, Perch and youth feel about being pushed further down the pecking order?

tl;dr - Shit happens to us at the most unwanted times

I hope we do prepare for the possibility of Taylor being out for a significant part of the season going forward, since it seems to happen every year.

Guest neesy111

Anyone other than me think that he's going to be ok?

Scan today/tomorrow...results on Thursday....back in training behind closed doors. 

Meanwhile KKK is busy preparing Liverpool to take advantage of Perchenbauer and then Colo rocks up to unleash the hair into Suarez's teeth on Sunday.

Not sure if Pardew is playing mind games or not.

Perch has done well of late but I can't see any way Perch and Williamson are going to be able to cope with Carroll and Suarez. They outclass them in every way possible by a longshot. I wasn't that pessimistic about the Liverpool match and I thought there was a very strong chance we could come out with 3 points, but now I have strong doubts with the loss of our most important player and captain.

Guest pintofscottsellers

Mind games ;)

tl;dr - s*** happens to us at the most unwanted times

I hope we do prepare for the possibility of Taylor being out for a significant part of the season going forward, since it seems to happen every year.

Aye, we have never getting a full season out of Steven Taylor, Center half and a left back must be our main priority in the summer.

Fucking positivity, man. We're flying. Confidence can do strange things.

Exactly. Who would have given Wigan a chance of beating the Dippers at Anfield on Sat with Gary fucking Caldwell scoring the winner? I certainly wouldn't.

Really hoping for a great atmosphere so we can rocket these twats. Something akin to Owen's return here last year would be great for Carroll too - hopefully to unnerve him somewhat.

Anyone recall/see how Colo's hammy went? Did it just ping while he was jogging? Or was it a tackle/over-extension that did it?

Think he started holding it after a tussle with Odemwingie near the corner - played on with it for nearly 10 minutes to HT so can't have been that bad...

Tbh the way iam not going to rule him out until i see the lineups around midday on Sunday, unlike what Pard's has said i dont think he will miss anymore than the Liverpool game seems to me if it was that bad he would have come off straight away and not even been able to walk.

I dont expect him to be out for more than 14 days and luckily we have built up a nice cushion between us and Liverpool just avoid defeat and we are laughing.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/pardew-in-search-for-new-gems-to-compete-for-higher-prizes-7586308.html

Coloccini said: "I don't know how bad it is yet. I have a scan on Tuesday. Maybe I will miss the Liverpool game. If it's a little strain, it will be 10 days. I don't want to take a risk. Maybe I will get a worse injury if I take a risk and could be out for three or four weeks."

His injury history this season has been slightly worrying as I remember Steven Gerrard having similar problems and having to have back surgery.

Basically a back spasm that goes away and is forgotton about, but the back muscles then causing the thigh hamstring and groin muscles to strain and eventually tear. It is a degenerative condition only repaired with surgery and 3 to 4 months out, but is hard to detect.

His injury history this season has been slightly worrying as I remember Steven Gerrard having similar problems and having to have back surgery.

Basically a back spasm that goes away and is forgotton about, but the back muscles then causing the thigh hamstring and groin muscles to strain and eventually tear. It is a degenerative condition only repaired with surgery and 3 to 4 months out, but is hard to detect.

So basically, what your saying is you are just guessing that this is a problem and that you really are just speculating that a hamstring pull is something more serious?