Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

I still don't think the two stories are at odds with one another. Some rumours suggested he'd put in a transfer request and seemingly that's been denied. Doesn't make the line referred to in the title incorrect just yet.

I'd like to hear the player clarify all this tbh. He's the club captain, it wouldn't exactly be out of the question.

Absofuckinglutely. If he has any respect for the club and the fans he can't afford to just stay schtum over this shitstorm..

I still don't think the two stories are at odds with one another. Some rumours suggested he'd put in a transfer request and seemingly that's been denied. Doesn't make the line referred to in the title incorrect just yet.

I'd like to hear the player clarify all this tbh. He's the club captain, it wouldn't exactly be out of the question.

Absofuckinglutely. If he has any respect for the club and the fans he can't afford to just stay schtum over this shitstorm..

:thup:

When's Pardews presser? Although he probably won't answer any questions on it

I think he'll come up with a hesitant and a non-straightforward answer that really implies "Yeah, it's true." Like how he reacted to Redknapp's discovery of Ba's release clause.

If he wants to go we need to find out what Douglas is gonna cost. If San Lorenzo can stump up that amount then he can go.

Completely different type of player. I would have said Colo to us right now is worth at a minimum the 10 million we paid to get him in the first place. Even that wouldn't be enough to replace everything he offers, but at least that would give us a chance of replacing like for like, maybe even with a younger player with more resale value down the line since that is what Ashley & Co like. Can't thank of anybody who fits that mould and would come here though, so we'd be royally fucked.

Guest firetotheworks

Why do people talk about the money we'll get and saving on wages and this and that? Exactly what difference does it make to us as fans? Directly, very little and direct impact is all we can afford in our current situation.

If he wants to go we need to find out what Douglas is gonna cost. If San Lorenzo can stump up that amount then he can go.

Completely different type of player. I would have said Colo to us right now is worth at a minimum the 10 million we paid to get him in the first place. Even that wouldn't be enough to replace everything he offers, but at least that would give us a chance of replacing like for like, maybe even with a younger player with more resale value down the line since that is what Ashley & Co like. Can't thank of anybody who fits that mould and would come here though, so we'd be royally fucked.

not sure San Lorenzo could give us any fee at all for him

I've not seen much of Douglas but i'm aware he's much more a Taylor than a Colo, my point is basically that we need a gauranteed replacement if he goes. Who can walk into the side.

Completely different type of player. I would have said Colo to us right now is worth at a minimum the 10 million we paid to get him in the first place. Even that wouldn't be enough to replace everything he offers, but at least that would give us a chance of replacing like for like, maybe even with a younger player with more resale value down the line since that is what Ashley & Co like. Can't thank of anybody who fits that mould and would come here though, so we'd be royally f***ed.

not sure San Lorenzo could give us any fee at all for him

Hence why we should nipped this in the butt when they first started ti unsettle the player. Colo's behaviour in all of this, and especially his deafening silence, is no better than anything Ba has done in recent weeks to get his move to a bigger club.

Why do people talk about the money we'll get and saving on wages and this and that? Exactly what difference does it make to us as fans? Directly, very little and direct impact is all we can afford in our current situation.

???

It makes a massive difference to the club. We only spend what we can generate.

If we get nothing for Colo then it will make a huge difference to the team going forward.

Guest firetotheworks

Bottled Dog, that makes no sense. If we don't sell Colo then we don't have or need that money to spend on a replacement. :lol:

Although (apart from the Indi and Ronny articles) it's twitter based. The hysteria and accusations completely warrant a statement from the club or player.

This is what scares me though, they would probably know that these articles will cause hysteria and such, why can't they just come out and deny that any of this is true. Its very worrying that they have not commented on this in any way.