Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Guest expat in the pool

I personally until the recent hiccup don't doubt he's loved being here. To say he has no love for us is nonsence

didnt say he didn't love playin for us,  but can't be that arsed as he would have left us up shit creek without a paddle at the drop of a hat.

Guest expat in the pool

he didnt leave because we wouldnt let him for nothing. he's an asset

he didnt leave cos it would have cost 6m and he loves money more than san lorenzo, thats why he loves us a bit cos we pay him dough

Guest expat in the pool

if u don't like my rational fair enough, but no need for childish attempts to discredit it.

sentiment goes out of the window these days with footballers, it should be the best deal for the club not for collo cos he has been paid handsomely for his efforts already.  he took the money and new deal when it suited him

oh and by the way i think he's class but when he's gone he's gone

I don't disagree that Colo is paid very well and should be expected to do his job, but to assign his motivations to greed is off imo, probably the most money he could make is staying here, there has been no suggestion that he was trying to earn more money from any party.

He had personal reasons to leave tried to keep it quiet, then his old club jumped in made a circus of it, he wanted to go and was grateful they offered him a job in Argentina, Newcastle said we still need you, he said ok. It shook his standings in my book a fair bit but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume his main motivation was his family.

Guest expat in the pool

I don't disagree that Colo is paid very well and should be expected to do his job, but to assign his motivations to greed is off imo, probably the most money he could make is staying here, there has been no suggestion that he was trying to earn more money from any party.

He had personal reasons to leave tried to keep it quiet, then his old club jumped in made a circus of it, he wanted to go and was grateful they offered him a job in Argentina, Newcastle said we still need you, he said ok. It shook his standings in my book a fair bit but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume his main motivation was his family.

didnt say he wanted more money, it was always about his family harmony but to fix it he wasnt prepared to spend his own cash ( buyout) but only wanted us to spend ours ( lose cash ) his family mean almost everything to him, well almost

Guest expat in the pool

and if he goes good luck to him i would wish him well, but any money received will go towards a better replacement so lets get what we can and what he's worth

With 3 years left, he's surely worth a lot more than £4m. It's like trying to buy Vidic from Man Utd with 3 years left on his contract.

the last year of contract he'll be nearly 35, will he be playin regular or sitting on bench collecting big wages costing us money.

what i'm saying is he'll be worth his money for next 2 years but will he for final year. so if someone is buying him what would they offer him, surely not a 3 year on the big wages he's on now, maybe 2 years on big money or 3 on average wage

He'll be good in May 2015 but come September 2015 and he turns to fucking Peter Ramage? What else is your crystal ball saying?

He'll be done as a top PL defender in 2 1/2 years like, as great as he is.

Yep. He gets caught for pace more already than he did a few years back. Still, playing alongside somebody capable of recoverign (Yanga-Mbiwa), I think he could still be useful by then. Shame it won't happen. Will be interesting to see what happens in the summer; I still can't see us letting him just walk off for free.

I think the second was more a Taylor error.  The first was a poor challenge to give away a freekick but he also did a lot of good in the game.

How is Taylor at fault for their 2nd man? :lol: It was Colo's poor judgment in his failed attempt at a clearance.

Harsh to say he was poor overall, but two mistakes from him cost us the game.

Still had a chance to deal with the first one. Perch shutting his eyes didn't help. Second one i thought Krul could have done better.

You can't really say it was his fault that Bale scored from the free-kick. I'm sorry I'm not having that. There's still a lot that happens between a free-kick being given away and a goal being scored. It was more the fault of Perch than his.

He was definitely at fault for the second though, I'd say he and Taylor were as equally as culpable.