Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Guest icemanblue

He's still our best defender, for me. He's also our captain. However, if Mapou and Taylor have been 'immense', then there's no reason why he should walk back in to the team. I just don't think he should be 'automatic 3rd choice'. Nor do I think he's done anything to deserve that, really.

He doesn't want to be here, man.

Because of a personal issue, whatever that may be. Has he acted in any way unprofessionally, or shown, on the pitch, that he doesn't?

Well, his performances has been pretty poor compared to last season, if that's anything to go by.

Earlier in the season, perhaps. Not since this all came to light.

The thing that irks me is San Lorenzo's 'approach'. I see no reason why it's going to be any different in the summer. Sound bites released to the Argie media about how they want us to cancel Colo's contract so they can have him for free. If they were willing to put up an acceptable fee (or even talk directly with the club for that matter) the whole thing could be fairly straight forward.

Guest palnese

He's still our best defender, for me. He's also our captain. However, if Mapou and Taylor have been 'immense', then there's no reason why he should walk back in to the team. I just don't think he should be 'automatic 3rd choice'. Nor do I think he's done anything to deserve that, really.

Because of a personal issue, whatever that may be. Has he acted in any way unprofessionally, or shown, on the pitch, that he doesn't?

Well, his performances has been pretty poor compared to last season, if that's anything to go by.

It might just be me, but I don't think he's been the Colo of last season all year. Before and after the San Lorenzo news came out.

Suppose it also depends how long he's out, we've only been given a very vague time frame. I'm talking about if he is indeed out until May, then I simply don't think there would be any point in playing him over Taylor or Mapou in the last couple of games, as he won't have a future here and the others do.

Obviously depends a bit on how how we are doing as a team, as well as how Taylor and Mapou are doing and where we are in the league etc, but I'm assuming that we continue this mini-revival and that Mapou indeed is as good as he's shown in his first few games here.

Noticed how there's a hell of a lot of assumptions and speculation in this post like, but that's just how I see it.

It might just be me, but I don't think he's been the Colo of last season all year. Before and after the San Lorenzo news came out.

Don't think San Lorenzo has been the problem. More an attempted solution to the problem.

Don't think San Lorenzo has been the problem. More an attempted solution to the problem.

:kinnear:

Guest icemanblue

I think you're wrong, but I'm not going to try to change your mind.

Guest palnese

I think you're wro, but I'm not going to try to change your mind.

Fair enough, mate.