Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

The last time he was coming back from injury and looking likely to be thrown straight in, he was mainly being written off and Shane Long was going to tear him apart.

Now the feeling seems to be we are desperate for him to be back in the team  :lol:

He's still my first name on the teamsheet for me. Oozes class and the back four seems to get confidence from just having him there. We may have suffered heavy defeats with him in the side but we haven't went on long periods of them like we do when he's missing.

Shane Long didn't play like.

Ermmmm, yes he did Bimps and Colo had him in his pocket...we won thanks to a rare Sissoko screamer.

People were digging at Pardew for the thought of Colo coming back straight back in and replacing Mym. Tbf Mym was excellent in Colo's absence, yet with that said the way people talked about Colo was like he was finished and completely s***.

People = Ronaldo. I remember it well.

The last time he was coming back from injury and looking likely to be thrown straight in, he was mainly being written off and Shane Long was going to tear him apart.

Now the feeling seems to be we are desperate for him to be back in the team  :lol:

He's still my first name on the teamsheet for me. Oozes class and the back four seems to get confidence from just having him there. We may have suffered heavy defeats with him in the side but we haven't went on long periods of them like we do when he's missing.

He wasn't supposed to be able to handle Anichebe or any other forward WBA had either. :lol:

Ermmmm, yes he did Bimps and Colo had him in his pocket...we won thanks to a rare Sissoko screamer.

People were digging at Pardew for the thought of Colo coming back straight back in and replacing Mym. Tbf Mym was excellent in Colo's absence, yet with that said the way people talked about Colo was like he was finished and completely s***.

He was one of the main culprits but he certainly wasn't the only one  :lol:

What a load of crap. I've been saying for ages our best partnership is Taylor and Colo but I wanted the latter to be gradually phased out for MYM. Me and several others.

I just think it's a bit embarrassing that the captain of NUFC can't even control his wife. Why the f*** he still has the armband is beyond me. Feeble attempt to appease a finished player at the expense of the club.

Can't conrol his wife and he's a finished a player. What a man :coloccini:

Guest bimpy474

People were digging at Pardew for the thought of Colo coming back straight back in and replacing Mym. Tbf Mym was excellent in Colo's absence, yet with that said the way people talked about Colo was like he was finished and completely shit.

Ah right, I thought you meant the away game as that was the more recent game. Aye in the home one he did play well against Hunt tbf.

Guest bimpy474

Seems absurd that Colo's been out for 7 weeks and his natural replacement Mbiwa hasn't started a game in that time. It must be all those clean sheets we've had in that time.

I was wondering when it might dawn on Pardew that Saylor has been awful, then again it took him a season with Jonas.

I just think it's a bit embarrassing that the captain of NUFC can't even control his wife. Why the f*** he still has the armband is beyond me. Feeble attempt to appease a finished player at the expense of the club.

:lol: I'm glad you looked back as I really couldn't be arsed with it. Proof is there that you thought he was finished, of course it's not like you to pretend something didn't happen though.

Seems absurd that Colo's been out for 7 weeks and his natural replacement Mbiwa hasn't started a game in that time. It must be all those clean sheets we've had in that time.

That's the worst thing about it. Willo/Mym were looking a good partnership before Colo was coming back into contention, in turn caused a bit of a stir that he would be dropped.

Then Taylor comes back from injury and just fucks everything up because he's absolutely useless. Pardew is just as clueless for not realising how bad he is regardless or not if the protection in front of him is wafer thin, Mym coped perfectly well with it. Seems like everytime these sustained batterings come along, Taylor is one of the two in the partnership.

Guest bimpy474

That's the worst thing about it. Willo/Mym were looking a good partnership before Colo was coming back into contention, in turn caused a bit of a stir that he would be dropped.

Then Taylor comes back from injury and just fucks everything up because he's absolutely useless. Pardew is just as clueless for not realising how bad he is regardless or not if the protection in front of him is wafer thin, Mym coped perfectly well with it. Seems like everytime these sustained batterings come along, Taylor is one of the two in the partnership.

It is amazing that Pardew still doesn't see it.

Guest bimpy474

A little cry in the press and a quick threat to leave in the summer and he's awarded a first team place :lol:

I would have thought the fact he's shit was a more important way to judge him like :lol:

It's not that amazing when you think about it.

Guest bimpy474

It's not that amazing when you think about it.

Well yes i suppose you're right.

:lol: I'm glad you looked back as I really couldn't be arsed with it. Proof is there that you thought he was finished, of course it's not like you to pretend something didn't happen though.

I've said a hundred times that I don't rate any of the 4 CBs. Colo being a pale and distant shadow of what he was doesn't mean he shouldn't be starting ahead of crap like Mike Williamson, though.

I've said a hundred times that I don't rate any of the 4 CBs. Colo being a pale and distant shadow of what he was doesn't mean he shouldn't be starting ahead of crap like Mike Williamson, though.

Colo is still our most reliable performer when fit, despite your clear hatred for him just because he wants to go back home for personal reasons.

Hatred. :lol:

I've argued the case for him being our best ever defender not 3 days ago, man. I just think he's not the player he was in addition to being a deplorably bad club captain.

There was a time when you were putting down Colo in just about every post you made on the forum. Never mind, we'll agree to disagree 'cos I can't be arsed with your usual wummery.