Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Williamson has just went up a few notches for Ronaldo..........!

“He (Coloccini) is a good guy, a good friend, and undoubtedly one of the best I have ever played with. In my eyes he should have far more caps for Argentina. “Colo has never been that vocal but I think we complemented each other as a pair. “I organised, kept the shape – technically, he is incredible and reads the game so well. “He’s not slow by any means but I think he is a perfect example of why centre-halves develop later. “Experience is more crucial there than in any other position – the older you get, the more you can predict situations and react before it occurs. He is a master at that.”

New captain needed. But who....Shelvey or Gini?

Shelvey is lazy unless we're the ones setting the pace and Gini is useless away from home. Janmaat would be the only one worth considering if you were to swap at this stage of the season.

Anyone hear Carver on the radio today? He said that Colo is not a leader and that he only plays for himself. Both points were responses to leading questions, but still... . I think Janmaat is a leader, he has a bit of bottle and drive and I can imagine him as a good link between the English and the Dutch. Hope Steve nee-nuts has a change of perosnality; or has a change of captain thrust upon him.

I like Janmaat but considering he was just jogging back yesterday on two of the goals I'm not sure he's the answer. Then again, who the f*** is?

Find Janmaat to be quite disgraceful at times personally. Very good player when he wants to be, but it's visible when he can't be bothered defensively, and that seems to be every other game at the very least. Think he's just given up on NUFC after realising what he's gotten himself in for, so is just coasting.

How many apologies from the club now?  Pretty pointless when they repeat such performances on a regular basis.

Exactly... all the drubbings blend into one. Everyone just goes through the motions of what it means to be a professional footballer. Well, off the pitch anyway.

After Saturday's debacle the two center halfs should be Lascelles and Mbember ,Colochini makes two many errors and goes walkabout like a school kid

Can't wait for this knacker to hang his boots up. We'd be better with 10 men.

Don't be silly.  He's a shit captain in general, and he has some poor games, but he's far from the level where we'd be better off without him on the pitch.

After Saturday's debacle the two center halfs should be Lascelles and Mbember ,Colochini makes two many errors and goes walkabout like a school kid

While Lascelles defending for Everton's third was great?

Coloccini is still capable of a good game but he's a massive liability in others.  He was class at his best, at his worst he isn't fit to play for a pub team and giving him an extra year on his contract is laughable.