Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Guest firetotheworks

Best defender I've seen for us

You must only have seen him and Steven Taylor then.

Woodgate was far better, when fit.

So what you're saying is, he wasn't better.

You must only have seen him and Steven Taylor then.

Woodgate was far better, when fit.

So what you're saying is, he wasn't better.

Possibly, but in all seriousness we have had far better players than Colo, I would even say Basing was better than us. Colo has only ever been good when teams try to play it through the defence on the deck, and that only happens when you pay Man Utd.

Guest reefatoon

Really? You only followed Newcastle for 8 years?

Aye Boumsong and Rozehnal were way better

Not sure what you are getting at with that reply. What I was getting at was were you you not around when Albert and Woodgate played for us?  If not, then you have only ever witnessed absolute defensive dross, so can understand you saying Colo is the best you have seen.

At his best he was getting close to Woodgate territory. However, I have never seen a defender so composed, so cool and have such a calming effect on those around him than Woodgate. He was the real deal, a terrible waste.

No doubt Colo was an absolute rock at his best, I'd put him up there with Woodgate when he was on, but at his worst and over the course of his entire time.. he is closer to Bramble over all than Woodgate. Colo's performances over the past two years have been as, if not more horrific than what Titus offered up. Yes maybe not as many ridiculous mistakes but at least bar the one mistake Titus played great most games. 

Guest neesy111

f***ing c*** cost us 3 points at the stadium of s****.

Premier League deemed that to be a fair challenge so I blame the ref for that one. He costs us countless other points however.

No they didn't.  They rescinded the red card as it wasn't a goal scoring opportunity.