Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Hope he isn't out for too long. One of our important players so the sooner he's back the better. That said, give him as much time to recuperate tbh, don't really want to rush him back if there's a risk of aggravating his injury.

Some of the posts on here have put me at ease like.

Our best player by about a hundred million miles and that's not even being disrespectful to the others. So good and so important.

Its hard to think back to a player who was so important to the team (or as good as a player). Probably Shearer.

Hope he isn't out for too long. One of our important players so the sooner he's back the better. That said, give him as much time to recuperate tbh, don't really want to rush him back if there's a risk of aggravating his injury.

I don't understand your last sentence, but I very much agree with the sentiment of your third.

I'll take a couple of defeats over the next couple of weeks gladly if it gives him sufficient time to actually recuperate, and not risk sustaining a longer term injury to make up for the short-sightedness of Ashley/Llambias/Pardew.

I don't understand your last sentence, but I very much agree with the sentiment of your third.

I'll take a couple of defeats over the next couple of weeks gladly if it gives him sufficient time to actually recuperate, and not risk sustaining a longer term injury to make up for the short-sightedness of Ashley/Llambias/Pardew.

Hmmm yeah, my last sentence doesn't make much sense :laugh:

Said that to reassure myself that the injury wasn't too serious, missed Toontastic's post above about a thigh injury being confirmed by Pardew.

I remember that one, Villa away. Think we lost about 4 first teamers and it f***ed our chances with Marseille.

Was a very costly day. After seeing Bellamy tear his hamstring and seeing Woodgate limp off, I knew in the back of my mind that we were really going to struggle against Marseille.

Guest Chubby Jason

Remember the classy Villa fans going "WWWWHHHHHHHHEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!" when Bellamy pulled up with his injury? Lovely.

I remember that one, Villa away. Think we lost about 4 first teamers and it f***ed our chances with Marseille.

Was a very costly day. After seeing Bellamy tear his hamstring and seeing Woodgate limp off, I knew in the back of my mind that we were really going to struggle against Marseille.

Woodgate didn't limp off, he partnered Hughes at centre half after AOB got sent off with Dyer at right back. Woodgate got crocked against Chelsea a few weeks after IIRC.

Woodgate didn't limp off, he partnered Hughes at centre half after AOB got sent off with Dyer at right back. Woodgate got crocked against Chelsea a few weeks after IIRC.

Ah yeah.