Italian Serie A - 14/15

ponsaelius

So the Zlatan curse finally breaks.

Actually excited to see this Juve side back in the CL, too.

http://s5.as.com/recorte/20120508dasdasftb_39/LCO/Ies/edificio_Milan_tiene_sede_amanecio.jpg

Milan's central offices, nothing like fun supporter twattery :iamatwat:

Not a bad little opener. For some daft reason I think Juve might be there or there abouts this season.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2hnYH1aJ-sg/TcDmG4-lwbI/AAAAAAAAADc/NSfJAbabwE0/s320/meme-yao-ming.jpg

:yao:

:lol:

Unbeaten too. Fair play to Conte, he's done an unbelievable job. Their transfer dealings last summer always looked very good but I never expected them to put it all together this season.

Would be a nice draw in the CL next year.  :tobey:

Roma have confirmed Luís Enrique's exit. Well that didn't last too long. I haven't been following that closely (just keeping an eye on the results), but it didn't look like he did too badly, Roma are still rebuilding.

Anyway, I'd love him to come manage in La Liga. Villarreal would be a great challenge if they manage to stay up.

Roma have confirmed Luís Enrique's exit. Well that didn't last too long. I haven't been following that closely (just keeping an eye on the results), but it didn't look like he did too badly, Roma are still rebuilding.

Anyway, I'd love him to come manage in La Liga. Villarreal would be a great challenge if they manage to stay up.

It's been coming, sadly. It really hasn't been the same since Spalletti left in a way. Ranieri didn't work out and really Enrique's appointment was like a breath of fresh air but even from the beginning it just didn't look like it was gonna stick. Players in fighting amongst some absolutely turgid results and head dropping this season has pretty much been the fallout from this. There is quite a lot of player power at Roma still (Totti) so quite a lot of factors to negotiate success..

I'd love to see Villas-Boas get the job but I can see it working out exactly the same way - not due to the managers ability but more likely the environment. I see Montella is linked back, something I would actually be content with but doubt it would happen after the fucked him off in the first place. Interesting season next season.. Roma and Newcastle (of recent seasons) have so many parallels

Sorry if I'm completely wrong but...didn't Montella leave his last job because of director of football influence?  Isn't Bandini heavily involved with all Roma's stuff?

He was brought in as a caretaker manager until they appointed somebody on a permanent basis. He did quite well, too, especially considering the circumstances. You rarely see caretaker managers go back to the club if they were deemed to not be good to have in place permanently in the first place. Can't really predict who will be next though. Hmm

I meant his last job though, at Catania or whoever.

As for the next manager I agree with you on AVB can see that happening and I agree that he will face the same problems as Enrique.  Not sure why Enrique didn't just stick it out?  Didn't they buy loads of youngsters in the close season?  It was always gonna take time to change the style of play, maybe he wanted to 'do a Guardiola' and win stuff straight away, ignoring the fact that in Guardiola's case it was more evolution rather than revolution.

Edit- turns out he's still at Catania  :lol: I thought he left because of DoF influences?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ObiChrisKenobi

... here we go again..?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5icHCqqPT2y4O1-e9Kz0Rj8beOhmw?docId=CNG.8d843cee9bc5c16ad9f875979194c29e.821

ROME — Lazio captain Stefano Mauri and several top players were arrested on Monday, while national team defender Domenico Criscito's room was searched at Italy's Euro 2012 training camp, as part of a probe into illegal betting.

Mauri was one of 19 people implicated in the investigation into alleged match-fixing in the domestic game, as police swooped in dawn raids on a number of addresses up and down the country, according to Italy's domestic Ansa news agency.

pfft first they have to get past Spain, Croatia and an Ireland side lead by Trappatoni who knows every trick they can come up with.

An Ireland side lead by an Italian. We know where this one's going...

Conte being investigated, surely not?

Tis from last season I believe when he was non-Juve.

Always had that filthy rotten cheating Juventus gene in him though.

pfft first they have to get past Spain, Croatia and an Ireland side lead by Trappatoni who knows every trick they can come up with.

An Ireland side lead by an Italian. We know where this one's going...

Any chance of Antoni O'Cassano making their squad in the summer?