Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Get in! Think the "OMGZ!! Obertan was legendary at Stoke!!" w*** fest is a bit over the top. He wasn't that good. Average+ game with a brilliant assist.

The real w*** fest can begin this Saturday. Marveauxlous.

Brilliant assist is miles over the top, it was a better header than it was assist, it was behind him.

I know. Just thought I'd be slaughtered if I had left it with only "average+". I'm not convinced at all tbh, extremely frustrating player. Makes Jonas a joy to watch when he literally tries to run through 6 bodies.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I can see Guthrie going wide right unfortunately with Tiote coming back in.

Definitely not. Pardew knows he has to be starting one of the Frenchies on the bench.

Get in! Think the "OMGZ!! Obertan was legendary at Stoke!!" w*** fest is a bit over the top. He wasn't that good. Average+ game with a brilliant assist.

I swear down, the way you keep banging on, if Marveaux and Santon ever get a proper game, they better be 'A' grade shit off a stick awesomeness or I will be mightily peeved.

You seem to have a weekly obsession about the lineup rather than the result in hand. I know which I'm more interested in.

I swear down, the way you keep banging on, if Marveaux and Santon ever get a proper game, they better be 'A' grade s*** off a stick awesomeness or I will be mightily peeved.

I'm just slightly annoyed that we don't play our strongest XI when available. Obviously we're unbeaten, but still, they're not exactly bench material.

Guthrie has been hopeless out wide, in the past. I wonder whether Pardew will change the formation to a 4-3-3, with Guthrie, Tiote and Cabaye in the middle, and Jonas, Best and Ba up front.

Not sure how well that'd work, and the better alternative would probably be simply putting Marveaux in for Obertan in the usual formation.

Guthrie has been hopeless out wide, in the past. I wonder whether Pardew will change the formation to a 4-3-3, with Guthrie, Tiote and Cabaye in the middle, and Jonas, Best and Ba up front.

Not sure how well that'd work, and the better alternative would probably be simply putting Marveaux in for Obertan in the usual formation.

This is more than likely to happen.

Gives Pardew the chance to go out and try something new imo. Something like Jonas, Tiote and Cabaye in midfield with HBA behind two strikers. Just an idea like but something I could imagine he'd like to try at least against Everton.

I'd prefer to go on with the very same formation, just to bring in Marveaux or even Ben Arfa for Obertan. I guess it'll be good for HBA to start on the right wing because there he's not that much involved and won't have that many opponent players like throught the middle.

I swear down, the way you keep banging on, if Marveaux and Santon ever get a proper game, they better be 'A' grade s*** off a stick awesomeness or I will be mightily peeved.

I'm just slightly annoyed that we don't play our strongest XI when available. Obviously we're unbeaten, but still, they're not exactly bench material.

Probably not, but I'm loathed to complain about having their kind of caliber filling our bench for once. O0

No, seriously, I understand, they're top players that we'd all like to see on the pitch. But Pardew bought all three of them (HBA, Marv, Santon), presumably because he wanted them to get them out there playing. For just that reason alone I'd have no doubt that when they are ready, they'll get their chance.

I don't share the general desperation to see HBA, Marveaux and Santon flung into the fray. If Pardew doesn't think they're ready, or wants to keep something in reserve, then that's fine by me. It's not like the side he's been putting out has done badly. Having a bit of quality on the bench allows us to move up a gear at some point.

I don't share the general desperation to see HBA, Marveaux and Santon flung into the fray. If Pardew doesn't think they're ready, or wants to keep something in reserve, then that's fine by me. It's not like the side he's been putting out has done badly. Having a bit of quality on the bench allows us to move up a gear at some point.

Agreed.

POTW :thup:

Very true

Agreed.

Guest Roger Kint

Well said.

Well said.

Totally agree, but I can understand why people are excited to see these players get a chance. I am a bit too, even though I'm one of Obertan's biggest fans on here.

Gives Pardew the chance to go out and try something new imo. Something like Jonas, Tiote and Cabaye in midfield with HBA behind two strikers. Just an idea like but something I could imagine he'd like to try at least against Everton.

I'd prefer to go on with the very same formation, just to bring in Marveaux or even Ben Arfa for Obertan. I guess it'll be good for HBA to start on the right wing because there he's not that much involved and won't have that many opponent players like throught the middle.

I was thinking about this yesterday. I agree that we might see HBA behind a front two at some point, as we seem to be committed to playing two forwards, and Pardew wants HBA through the middle.

:nods:

It's been said before but in Pards we trust.