Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Seemed like a very generous free kick too. He did what he does so often on the wing. Mince around with the ball, pass up on a chance to give it to someone in a good position over and over until he's stuck in a crowd.

People need to man up over booing. This bloke gets paid in a week what most get paid in a year. He has the lifestyle most can only dream of, I doubt a few boo's once a week will be too much for him to handle. Also despite being an ugly bastard, I bet he still banging 9's and 10's.

Starting to get ridiculous now. Offers NOTHING.

Need a spell on the bench.

He can be worth a lot as a impact sub against tired legs.

But for me he is no winger, but a pacy forward with limited football ability and brain.

Pardew have his first really hard time now, its now we see what he is made of.

Need to drop Obertan, change from 442 and use HBA IMO.

Quite and edgy crowd last night, really tense atmosphere and desperate sounding.  Playing useless knackers like Obertan hardly helps like, offers nowt and the fans don't like him, negative vibes around SJP whenever the ball gets anywhere near him.

He's an awful footballer. Not good enough for the bench at Man Utd, not good enough to start for a top seven side.

Not even good enough for a fucking pub team.

Honestly, never in my life have I seen a more atrocious footballer step foot inside St. James' Park. That includes the ~50,000 that turn up to watch, the man is a travesty and he makes me weep every single time I see him pitifully attempt to play something resembling Association Football. Sometimes I think about him just in a fleeting moment, and the rage builds inside me, being around me at that time is not a good idea. It's not that he doesn't have any ability, he actually has less than that, a disgraceful lack of ability that would be shown up playing amongst the most pathetic of human beings. The negative impact he has on the team is astonishing, and I will have a party if he ever so much as gets a slight muscle strain.

Guest hatem garrincha

Noticed on MoTd the bench went berzerk when we scored our 2nd except for Obertan who sat there with a face like a smacked arse.

:lol:

Noticed on MoTd the bench went berzerk when we scored our 2nd except for Obertan who sat there with a face like a smacked arse.

given his astoundingly limited footballing brain, he probably needed someone to explain what it meant.

He's probably our most intelligent player off the pitch TBH, he just struggles to use his brain at the right times in games. He doesn't seem a confident person to me, maybe that's his problem.

Get lost.

He's probably right.

He's probably our most intelligent player off the pitch TBH, he just struggles to use his brain at the right times in games. He doesn't seem a confident person to me, maybe that's his problem.

Get lost.

He's probably right.

But it's unfair. Surely it has to be worked on an an head capacity:intelligence ratio? Look at the size of that head and what it could hold.

Get lost.

He's probably right.

Good education, speaks five languages, middle-class background. None of this makes him a good footballer, but I think he can apply himself to alter his game and improve still. Also think the criticism he gets is way over the top at times.

Just wonder whether he over-thinks things and has difficulty playing on instinct and getting in the zone at times. He doesn't seem an aggressive or confident lad to me.

Pardew needs to take some of the blame for the shit Obertan gets at St James'. It's clear as fucking day he's not producing while we get results like Swansea and West Brom. Having Ben Arfa on the bench only adds to the frustration. Do your fucking job and put the best players on the pitch, find a system that works for them.

Guest Heneage

Get lost.

He is. We've had this discussion before.