Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Guest neesy111

I did see the whole game, he is a frustrating player, always has been but we could have scored a few times from his involvement in attack. If one of those had gone in opinion would have been different to his performance yesterday/today.

He certainly wasn't shit but unless our forwards finish off one of his chances or he scores himself its obvious he is going to be deemed shit whatever else happens.

Scapegoat.

See that's the problem. Jonas doesn't score goals from the left side, and now it looks like we've added another winger on the right who won't be hitting the net much. With Cabaye looking like he'll only grab the odd one here and there, there's a lot of pressure on the forwards to get the goals. Ba is on fire so it hasn't been a problem to this point but we need other players to chip in as well.

We are starting to miss Nolan quite badly now imo for his goals and forward runs now.

Guest neesy111

He's got pace to burn but never when he has the chance does he push the ball forward and run and try and beat his man for pace.

He was gash yesterday again.

If Obertan was gash yesterday then Jonas was abysmal

Agreed.  Just Obertan is an easy scapegoat for many people.

He's got pace to burn but never when he has the chance does he push the ball forward and run and try and beat his man for pace.

He was gash yesterday again.

If Obertan was gash yesterday then Jonas was abysmal

Agreed.  Just Obertan is an easy scapegoat for many people.

The difference is that Jonas has had games where he's our best player on the pitch. Some bad performances are excusable.

Obertan has ranged somewhere between abysmal and mildly useful and yet starts every match.

I did see the whole game, he is a frustrating player, always has been but we could have scored a few times from his involvement in attack. If one of those had gone in opinion would have been different to his performance yesterday/today.

He certainly wasn't s*** but unless our forwards finish off one of his chances or he scores himself its obvious he is going to be deemed s*** whatever else happens.

Scapegoat.

The chances created by Obertan were created by Ba being able to turn crap deiliveries into something. Ba had no right to get some of his shots on goal but he did because he's good enough to do that, we might have got a goal if the delivery had been better.  The pass behind Ba and Best was a joke.  He's got 1 assist in 14 games for a reason, he's not very good, no matter how it's dressed up.

I bet all those people saying obertan did w***, they are also the ones giving jonas their praises. He was more s*** going forward yesterday then ever.

Has anybody praised Jonas for his performance yesterday?

I bet all those people saying obertan did w***, they are also the ones giving jonas their praises. He was more s*** going forward yesterday then ever.

Has anybody praised Jonas for his performance yesterday?

Not that I've seen and out of most I'd be the one giving it. Shot aside, he was poor.

He certainly wasn't s*** but unless our forwards finish off one of his chances or he scores himself its obvious he is going to be deemed s*** whatever else happens.

Scapegoat.

The chances created by Obertan were created by Ba being able to turn crap deiliveries into something. Ba had no right to get some of his shots on goal but he did because he's good enough to do that, we might have got a goal if the delivery had been better.  The pass behind Ba and Best was a joke.  He's got 1 assist in 14 games for a reason, he's not very good, no matter how it's dressed up.

exactly right. every chance was Ba twisting or turning in the box, we didn't create anything really bar simpsons deep cross in the second half

He certainly wasn't shit but unless our forwards finish off one of his chances or he scores himself its obvious he is going to be deemed shit whatever else happens.

Scapegoat.

I actually agree with you in general - at least based on his first half display anyway (in the second half he was no more or less anonymous than any of our other attackers). In the first period he looked the most likely player to create something for our attackers, as, frankly, Jonas was fucking shocking yesterday (something which I think has been overlooked somewhat). I don't think it's so much a case of him being a scapegoat though; I think it's more a case of people being frustrated because there's a more talented footballer on the bench, who (while certainly not his best position) could probably do a far more effective job cutting in from the right than Obertan is currently doing in what is supposedly his natural position.

played better yesterday. His crossing was still poor.  Better offensively than jonas.  Sadly dont hink we can afford best and obertan on pitch together. Both have pea brains, really reduced the ave iq of the team. Both make really dumb choices.

barnetta plz in jan :)

Guest firetotheworks

I've lost patience with him now. The amount of times he was played in brilliantly by someone else, only for him to conceive to fuck it up was ridiculous.

played better yesterday. His crossing was still poor.  Better offensively than jonas.  Sadly dont hink we can afford best and obertan on pitch together. Both have pea brains, really reduced the ave iq of the team. Both make really dumb choices.

Best isnt thick like, i see it with Obertan who just reminds me of like lads at school who are skillful but make weird decisions a la Walcott, but Best? he seems fairly well screwed on to me...also sure ive heard somewhere that he is a bit of a "student of the game" in that he really tries to learn about his position and constantly improve.

Best isnt thick like, i see it with Obertan who just reminds me of like lads at school who are skillful but make weird decisions a la Walcott, but Best? he seems fairly well screwed on to me...also sure ive heard somewhere that he is a bit of a "student of the game" in that he really tries to learn about his position and constantly improve.

Wish he'd sit down and learn to stay onside then.

fairplay this is a complaint, but that is just one area of the position, i dont want to cain any one player but Obertan makes completely wrong decisions in a totally different positions where Best is just getting his timing wrong...i think its a bit harsh on Best mind...

fairplay this is a complaint, but that is just one area of the position, i dont want to cain any one player but Obertan makes completely wrong decisions in a totally different positions where Best is just getting his timing wrong...i think its a bit harsh on Best mind...

Not really - I didn't rip Best apart, just said he needs to learn to stay onside. As a striker trying to play off defenders that is pretty key. I lived in Somerset for a fair few years and was a regular watching Yeovil Town when Best had a loan spell down there - even then in League 1 he was always needlessly offside. I imagine it is because he hasn't got electric pace so is always trying to play right off the shoulder of defenders, but it is still unforgivable the amount of times he gets caught offside.

his first touch which was usually good was s*** yesterday

He has never been very good at taking down Cabayes lush long diagonal passes. Looks like a complete amateur sometimes.

notice chelsea let us do that aswell ?

`Best isnt thick like, `

cross came in from left yesterday(from santon?) and he went to the near post...ie him and ba went for the same area. I cant believe he didnt know where ba was. It was obvious he should have gone back post....prob would have scored.  Didid it again with an obetan cross, although it was not a good cross. HE ought to know his role in the box. Mind must be hard trying to time a run from obertans crossing!  Not exactly predictable/reliable