Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

What the funk was pards playing at taking himoff for birigrimana??? he played well again tonight both offensively and defensively.

Shola down middle and cisse out right.... speechless???¿¿¿¿¿

What the funk was pards playing at taking himoff for birigrimana??? he played well again tonight both offensively and defensively.

Shola down middle and cisse out right.... speechless???¿¿¿¿¿

he had one of the best chances ofthe game like 30 seconds before he took him off too!

What's weird is that i said about 100 pages ago this guy should only play on the left. Didn't take much perception. You could see he wasn't suited to anywhere else. Whenever he looked half decent at Manure, it was on the left too.

Why does it take our manager so long to see that? It really baffles me.

Yup. Hopefully we set up right for Brighton and he tears them a new one. He looked confused when he went off and sat on the bench having just produced one of our most dangerous attacks up to that point. I'm sure the players start to wonder if their manager knows what he's doing in these situations.

Been brilliant the last few games. Keep on keeping on Gabby son!

Really great to hear the crowd encourage him when he got the ball too.

You could just see him trying more things everytime he got the ball, as he got more and more confident.

Probably the worst decision ever to then take him off.

Pardew is grossly inadequate.

Why did he come off? absolutely baffling.

Did not get that at all.  Was our best player today imo.

Yeah I thought this too (in line with just about everyone else, it seems!) Was a bit surprised to see him go off.

Guest firetotheworks

How crazy is it that for almost the entire time that he's been here, we've almost all thought he was absolutely shit and that someone else should play ahead of him, he shouldn't start, he shouldn't come on or whatever, with Pardew sticking with him through poor performance after performance. And here, finally he's showing something worthwhile, not just in the match, but in his form, and Pardew brings him off, at 2-1 down, for a defensive midfielder.

Pardew is not just bad, he's just so specifically bad that, more often than not, he completely astounds me with how baffling he is.

I thought we looked better when Bigi came on. Our midfield was shambles yesterday until the point he came on and Obe wasn't really having a great game. Right before he was subbed off he had the only really good run of the game. It's just to easy to defend him, lacks intelligence and Jagielka was showing him inside and then outside all the time as he knew Obe would try to make a terribly slow dribble on him. It's just too easy, and doesn't really deserve to be starting. A 10-15minute sub apperance is where it's at. His speed can be great for counter attacking and when there is more space on the field to attack. In tight areas he just lacks the natural talent to succeed.

Guest firetotheworks

I thought we looked better when Bigi came on. Our midfield was shambles yesterday until the point he came on and Obe wasn't really having a great game. Right before he was subbed off he had the only really good run of the game. It's just to easy to defend him, lacks intelligence and Jagielka was showing him inside and then outside all the time as he knew Obe would try to make a terribly slow dribble on him. It's just too easy, and doesn't really deserve to be starting. A 10-15minute sub apperance is where it's at. His speed can be great for counter attacking and when there is more space on the field to attack. In tight areas he just lacks the natural talent to succeed.

Disagree with every word of that.

Nah, not having that. Bring Bigi on was a good decision in itself, but it should definitely have been for Shola, not Obertan, who was one of our bright spots and only minutes before had almost equalised. Bigi on for Shola with Cisse moving to the middle and Marveaux out wide on the right was where it was at.

I swear you didn't watch the game. Not even a second of it.

Guest reefatoon

Wrong, wrong, brimming over with wrongability . . . .

How crazy is it that for almost the entire time that he's been here, we've almost all thought he was absolutely shit and that someone else should play ahead of him, he shouldn't start, he shouldn't come on or whatever, with Pardew sticking with him through poor performance after performance. And here, finally he's showing something worthwhile, not just in the match, but in his form, and Pardew brings him off, at 2-1 down, for a defensive midfielder.

Pardew is not just bad, he's just so specifically bad that, more often than not, he completely astounds me with how baffling he is.

Man management. Keeping them on their toes.

What a load of weapons grade horseshit that is. Load of bollocks.

Amazing how quickly the language in this thread has turned. Felipao would have had 9/10 members of this forum lining up to give him a virtual handjob if he had posted that a month ago. Feels good to be someone who has backed him from the beginning  :D

Amazing how quickly the language in this thread has turned. Felipao would have had 9/10 members of this forum lining up to give him a virtual handjob if he had posted that a month ago. Feels good to be someone who has backed him from the beginning  :D

What?

it feels good to have been disgustingly wrong for over a year?