Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

A big reason we conceded the disallowed goal as well as completely bottling it when he should have made it 2-0.

Pathetic footballer and his career with us has been nothing short of a disgrace, should have got rid a long time ago.

Cost us the game big time.

Played a key part in the goal FWIW.

Stop it with this. He ran into space as an overlapping man it's hardly complex or worthy of merit.

Whey he made the right run, carried the ball at pace and delivered it to the right place.

I don't rate him as a player but he gets criticised way too much and his good stuff is ignored.

Stop it with this. He ran into space as an overlapping man it's hardly complex or worthy of merit.

Whey he made the right run, carried the ball at pace and delivered it to the right place.

I don't rate him as a player but he gets criticised way too much and his good stuff is ignored.

The good work on that goal was creating space for him to run into. It's not a criticism to say his role in the goal was simple.

Guest Rent-A-Quote

Stop what, the truth?!

By the way, if it's so easy who else did it? How many times? How many goals did we get from those times? I must have missed them all?! So does that make those who couldn't do what Obertan did that game worse than him?

I'm not an Obertan fan but the bashing is ridiculous.

Saying he cost us the game is ridiculous, mind. In absolutely no way did that happen. What cost us the game is that we completely lost our bottle, collectively, as a team - I can't fathom why because Stoke weren't good at all. Obertan missed a golden opportunity, but so did Perez (though the latter did exceptionally well to force a chance in the first place). I can't recall Obertan doing much foul play for the goal conceded; Janmaat - who was utterly wank all afternoon - was very soft and Krul might have done better. We drew the game because we didn't deserve to win - the team and manager were collectively responsible today.

Guest firetotheworks

Obertan didn't even shoot at an almost open goal, I think it's fair to say to a certain extent that doing that cost us the game, or that he heavily contributed towards it.

Well in that case it's fair to say to a certain extent he created the goal we scored.

Plain scapegoating of a common un-favourite, here. He absolutely ballsed up that chance and him passing it to an opposition player three times in the space of a second was pretty ghastly, but he didn't cost us the game any more than several others.

Guest firetotheworks

It's not though, because he didn't. :lol:

It's not scapegoating at all, anyone else that refuses to shoot at an open goal and I'd be saying the same, the reason that he's the one getting stick is because he's spineless and the rest of them would have at least had a shot.

Ayoze gets away with his miss purely because it shouldn't and wouldn't have been a chance in the first place if it wasn't for him making that situation out of absolutely nothing.

No doubt he should have done better with that chance, but the ball to him by Sissoko didn't help

It wasn't as perfect as the cross in the first half for Cabella's header I'll admit, but still that miss was all down to Obertan's lack of nerve at the end of the day, he just didn't want to take responsibility. Perez blazed a bad one high and wide as well, but at least he wanted it.

Guest firetotheworks

Nor did he cost us the game. He had a big chance and made a shite decision. It was infuriating but it wasn't the reason we walked away with one point instead of three.

Original point was that it's easy to argue that it was still one of the big reasons.

No doubt he should have done better with that chance, but the ball to him by Sissoko didn't help

It wasn't as perfect as the cross in the first half for Cabella's header I'll admit, but still that miss was all down to Obertan's lack of nerve at the end of the day, he just didn't want to take responsibility. Perez blazed a bad one high and wide as well, but at least he wanted it.

This is it in a nutshell. The guy is crippled by fear and has no confidence in his ability to do the rudimentals of the sport. I don't even think a drop down a few divisions would do him any good because whenever he's put under any pressure from anyone or anything he crumbles and makes poor decisions or  his basic technique lets him down.

He's a waste of a shirt and there isn't a manager around who could do anything with him. His problems are massive and inherent and he needs to be moved off the wagebill asap. I know it's harsh but.