The Life and Times of 'Entertaining' Mario Balotelli

Ketsbaia

Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli says he is not 'mad'

Manchester City's Mario Balotelli says he is not "mad" but "entertaining".

In his time at City he has thrown a dart at a youth player, was substituted for back-heeling when through on goal in a friendly and escaped unhurt from a fire in his bathroom.

The Italy striker, 21, said he would be boring if "I didn't do what I do".

"I'm not mad as some people say, although sometimes I'm entertaining. I'm ready to take on responsibility, even if people think I'm not," he said.

"They seem to talk more about my private life than about what I do on the pitch."

Balotelli, who moved to Manchester City from Inter Milan in August 2010 for a reported £24m, has found his form this season, scoring seven goals.

The striker said: "English football has taught me pressing and chasing back after the opponents when I lose the ball.

"I don't miss the Italian championship, the standard is very low, while English football is beautiful, wonderful and enjoyable."

Balotelli, who has made five appearances for Italy and has yet to score for his country, said it was time to do himself justice at international level.

"I need to wake up and get going," he said.

"For me scoring is the biggest thing. Victories are important but so are goals.

"I know I can arrive to the top. If I'm good up front it's not because I'm fortunate."

Italy, already qualified for Euro 2012, visit tournament co-hosts Poland on Friday for a friendly and host Copa America champions Uruguay the following Tuesday.

Balotelli at City

August 2010: Scores on debut against FC Timisoara

November 2010: Sent off after scoring twice in win at West Brom

March 2011: Suffers pitch allergy in defeat at Dynamo Kiev. Sent off in return leg of Europa League tie

March 2011: Threw dart at youth team player

July 2011: Substituted in first half of a friendly with LA Galaxy after backheeling wide when through on goal

October 2011: Escapes unhurt after blaze at his home caused by firework

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15668112.stm

Well he is entertaining.

*tin hat on*

Don't particularly like him.

Will go as far as to say, if he was a Toon players/these were the actions of Joey Barton, people wouldn't be so warm to him on here.

*tin hat off*

I get the impression that Ben Arfa would get away with those type of things, if he was effective as Balotelli is on the pitch.

Barton wouldn't, because he's average and a bit of a knobhead.

Yup.

*tin hat on*

Don't particularly like him.

Will go as far as to say, if he was a Toon players/these were the actions of Joey Barton, people wouldn't be so warm to him on here.

*tin hat off*

certainly not for me. i was a fan of his while he was at inter, wearing AC tops in interviews and giving the fans the V's from the pitch after they criticised him for shooting from 45 yards on the half volley.

I agree that I'd find him distasteful if we were a toon player.

He's not though, so might as well laugh at him :lol:

I'd feel the same. His antics off the pitch would annoy the fuck out of me but he's not a NUFC player so he's really entertaining :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...