Erik Pieters

Dave

I've watched quite a bit of Erik Pieters over the past couple of seasons as I have friends in Eindhoven who are PSV fans and get to a few of their games every season and I have to say I don't rate him at all. He's a very poor left back and his tackling and especially his positional sense leave a lot to be desired. I went to watch Middlesbrough v PSV the other week and he played left back then and was awful, even against Championship players. He went walkabout on numerous occasions with Wilfred Bouma who was playing centre half keep having to cover for him. In the end they switched and Bouma went to left back and Middlesbrough got no more joy down PSV's left side.

I've watched quite a bit of Erik Pieters over the past couple of seasons as I have friends in Eindhoven who are PSV fans and get to a few of their games every season and I have to say I don't rate him at all. He's a very poor left back and his tackling and especially his positional sense leave a lot to be desired. I went to watch Middlesbrough v PSV the other week and he played left back then and was awful, even against Championship players. He went walkabout on numerous occasions with Wilfred Bouma who was playing centre half keep having to cover for him. In the end they switched and Bouma went to left back and Middlesbrough got no more joy down PSV's left side.

Nice.

Encouraging :lol:

:undecided:

If he is that shit, how come he gets called up to the national squad??

One for ponder raptor.

Tbh, I'm glad we're at least going for someone like Pieters as opposed to say, a washed up LB like Bridge. There's loads of time for Pieters to improve, and Carr et al. have clearly seen something in him to suggest that he's going to be a decent player. I just hope the lad gets given some patience if/when he arrives.

He's not as good as Jose, but I'm sure he'll improve given time, the right coaching, and having someone like Colo next to him.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Reassuring that mate. :lol:

Anything good about him? Nice hair?

If he is that s***, how come he gets called up to the national squad??

One for ponder raptor.

Not so sure but according to the lads I know across in Holland there isn't a decent left back in the country at the moment (that's why they were still playing Van Bronkhorst last year at 35 years old). I really don't want him here based on what i've seen of him (around 20 games) but more worrying is that if Enrique leaves today we could be a Premier League club without a recognised senior left back at the club which is ridiculous.

One for ponder raptor.

Not so sure but according to the lads I know across in Holland there isn't a decent left back in the country at the moment (that's why they were still playing Van Bronkhorst last year at 35 years old). I really don't want him here based on what i've seen of him (around 20 games) but more worrying is that if Enrique leaves today we could be a Premier League club without a recognised senior left back at the club which is ridiculous.

:sadnod:

One for ponder raptor.

The same reason why Glen Johnson plays for England, mate. There's no one better.

CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

Told last night that #NUFC were waiting for Pieters go-ahead before sanctioning Enrique to #LFC. Should find out more from Pardew in a bit.

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

Told last night that #NUFC were waiting for Pieters go-ahead before sanctioning Enrique to #LFC. Should find out more from Pardew in a bit.

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Well, that at least sounds sensible.