Erik Pieters

Dave

Guest bimpy474

This judging players purely on the league they come from is completely daft. Players are individuals, that's the job of the scouts to know whether they have the attributes regardless of the division they're in.

:snod:

Honestly, that was a woeful attempt at a condescending insult :lol:

Yeah I noticed the typo as well, well that made me look like a tit didn't it.

My argument still stands and I believe I will be shown to right in the end.

If you're point is that the dutch league is a weak league and so just because he plays well there it doesn't he'll be a success here then yes you are correct.  If you're point is that he can't possibly be a good player because he plays's in a weak league then you are wrong.  That's why we scout so extensively, to take advantage of prices in weaker leagues.

Honestly, that was a woeful attempt at a condescending insult :lol:

Yeah I noticed the typo as well, well that made me look like a tit didn't it.

My argument still stands and I believe I will be shown to right in the end.

I was talking about the 'sweathear' 'petal' nonesense but you surpassed it :lol:

And there is no argument, the Dutch league has some very good individual defenders in it, this isn't even debatable.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

This is rubbish. Let's go back to talking about how gay for us Erik Pieters is.

Really gay :D It's a good sign though a player who really wants to play for the club is probably more likely to do well than one who's indifferent about it.

:thup:

I hope that is him, not that I am that excited at his potential signing based on the comments of those who have seen a lot of him.

Guest ThievingMagpie

I'd just like to reiterate that Erik Pieters is in fact shit and not very good. In 3 years time you will all look at yourselves in complete horror as he gives away ball after ball because he he was sussed out. I firmly believe it and no matter how many hastily googled image macros you post it will not change my mind. So in the interest of this thread I'm not going to post here anymore unless either A) he is signed by us B) he is playing in a national game in which cases I will still say he is shit.

:thup:

I hope that is him, not that I am that excited at his potential signing based on the comments of those who have seen a lot of him.

Krul follows that account, so i guess its real.

I'd just like to reiterate that Erik Pieters is in fact s*** and not very good. In 3 years time you will all look at yourselves in complete horror as he gives away ball after ball because he he was sussed out. I firmly believe it and no matter how many hastily googled image macros you post it will not change my mind. So in the interest of this thread I'm not going to post here anymore unless either A) he is signed by us B) he is playing in a national game in which cases I will still say he is s***.

Not even this one

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7UUmIj2AQY7aJJeK-uFdRRm7p4sB0fCTAhEq92eXu3L3GR2b0

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Tiote only looked good last year? What? :lol:

He looked good the second he stepped on the pitch at Goodison.

This judging players purely on the league they come from is completely daft. Players are individuals, that's the job of the scouts to know whether they have the attributes regardless of the division they're in.

Exactly. Sounds like ThievingMagpie might be better off supporting Liverpool. Wouldn't even have to change his username either.

I'd just like to reiterate that Erik Pieters is in fact shit and not very good. In 3 years time you will all look at yourselves in complete horror as he gives away ball after ball because he he was sussed out. I firmly believe it and no matter how many hastily googled image macros you post it will not change my mind. So in the interest of this thread I'm not going to post here anymore unless either A) he is signed by us B) he is playing in a national game in which cases I will still say he is shit.

http://img2.moonbuggy.org/imgstore/even-my-dog-is-amazed.jpg

If we signed Francis Jeffers I reckon Pardew could get him playing well at the moment :lol:

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

ThievingMagpie is either a sad mackem trolling or just daft. Take your pick.

Dutch defenders are gash and if we buy him we are idiots. You think Dutch strikers are foreign myths? How about the guys supposed to be defending? Dutch defense made Luis Suarez look a world class player. Do you really want a defender from the Eredivisie? You are mad.

What a moron.

C'mon petal you really aren't that thick are you sweetheart?

:lol:

You been turned over by a Dutchman recently or are you just mentally unstable?

Tad harsh. I see the point he's making, sort of, but if he has more ability in him then Danny Simpson I see no real problem with this. Carr's done an unreal job for us and if we've taken this long on scouting and weighing up Pieters then it can only be a good thing if he does sign.

Really don't see this issue here, unless somebody like Cissokho was actually available