Sunderland v Newcastle - 20/08/11 at 12noon (not live on TV!)

Fatwax

Haven't Sunderland been playing with a right-back on the left for ages now as well btw?

Was Bardsley, but he played RB against Liverpool and Richardson LB.  Richardson's a liabilty.  Charge down the right!!

So it's either a right-back playing left-back for them, or a left-winger playing left-back.

#nufc AP “Harps will be on bench on Sat, Shola will start”

24 seconds ago

Harper :thup: tbh

Shola :undecided: - let's hope he has a great game then (usually the case against the mackems but with Shola being Shola, hmmm).

Guest icemanblue

Shola missed an absolute sitter at their place last year, like. It was after about five minutes or something.

Fucking Shola. :facepalm: For me it's no better than playing Smith if you look at it ability-wise. They miss the same amount of passes and are immensely lazy.

On the other hand it's more dangerous to loose the ball in midfield. Problem Smith? :troll:

It's a joke, though. I wonder what Best is thinking, but most of all I wonder what Pardew is thinking. Please, just stop it.  :idiot2:

Hold me to this if he proves me wrong, but Shola will miss another one-on-one and his confidence will drop and he'll be as shit as ever but Pardew won't take him off until the 65th minute.

He's shite at the SOL.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14574397.stm

Sunderland captain Lee Cattermole believes Joey Barton is unlucky not to have received England recognition during his time at Newcastle United.

The duo go head-to-head in Saturday's derby at the Stadium of Light, with Cattermole an admirer of his adversary.

"I find it frustrating with Joey Barton how he's not in the England squad," Cattermole told BBC Newcastle.

"There's no doubting his ability, but they [the England management team] see him as some problem."

Cattermole added: "I don't understand it, I think he would do well for the England side."

Barton has just one cap for the England senior side, from a friendly with Spain in February 2007, while he was playing for Manchester City .

England manager Fabio Capello said earlier this month he considers Joey Barton too much of a liability to call him into the side.

Meanwhile former Wigan and Middlesbrough midfielder Cattermole is confident Sunderland are better prepared mentally for Saturday's encounter than they were last season.

The Black Cats lost 5-1 at St James' Park in the first of two fixtures, while a last-minute Asamoah Gyan equaliser in January spared blushes in the return.

"It affected us last year," Cattermole said.

"We were much more inexperienced, and the lads who played last year have learned from it.

"Obviously, it's going to be talked about, we got a drubbing at St James', but leading up to that game we were playing really well.

"We were so consistent, we were on a run of 10 games unbeaten, sixth in the league, playing the best football, and were so confident and I think we maybe underestimated them in the first game.

"The second game we couldn't afford to lose and didn't play well either.

"We've just got to go and concentrate on ourselves, I know it's a derby and the fans will be up for it, and it's good day for them.

"Hopefully we'll come out and show a better display from Sunderland, if we can come out on top then it will be brilliant."

Well, coming from "Catts" that's high praise indeed :lol:

On one hand the mackems will be pissing themselves laughing at the thought of Raylor playing.

On the other, they'll be pissing themselves in fear at Shola playing.

http://i.imgur.com/ddSa6.png

:lol: Love the added touch of a beret on Pardew.

Discussing favourite derby goals on Total Sport, the arsehole mackem presenter and Gabbiadini waxing lyrical about this and that mackem goal, John Anderson pipes up: "Liam O'Brien's free kick, quality. Never heard a stadium go so quiet, cos there were no away fans that day" :jesuswept:

Having him and Macdonald as NUFC's local radio representatives is embarrassing, no wonder the callers always talk bollocks if they're listening to these mugs every night.

they probably underestimated us last season? :lol: f*** off you arrogant deluded c***s! :lol: :lol: 

They said that? How can that be real :lol:

The Black Cats lost 5-1 at St James' Park in the first of two fixtures, while a last-minute Asamoah Gyan equaliser in January spared blushes in the return.

"It affected us last year," Cattermole said.

"We were much more inexperienced, and the lads who played last year have learned from it.

"Obviously, it's going to be talked about, we got a drubbing at St James', but leading up to that game we were playing really well.

"We were so consistent, we were on a run of 10 games unbeaten, sixth in the league, playing the best football, and were so confident and I think we maybe underestimated them in the first game.