L'Equipe: Modibo Maiga fails medical; transfer 'abandoned'

Optimistic Nut

The problem is that Ba is off to the ACN in Jan. Irrespective of how well he's doing/will have done, the thought of being a slight knock/injury away from having Lovenkrands or Shola starting is enough to make me think that it'll be worth going after another striker.

That's not to say we don't need another fullback mind. I fully agree. Reckon we're better off going for LB considering we'd have Simmo/Raylor for back up on the RB if Santon is moved there.

Where is the talk of Santon moving to right back come from?

All I've heard from Pardew on his position in the squad is; "We are delighted to bring Davide to Newcastle.

"He is a quality left-back and an established international who also gives us flexibility in defence.

"Davide is a young lad and a great signing for us and I am sure he will adapt to the Premier League very quickly."

Guest palnese

All I've heard from Pardew on his position in the squad is; "We are delighted to bring Davide to Newcastle.

"He is a quality left-back and an established international who also gives us flexibility in defence.

"Davide is a young lad and a great signing for us and I am sure he will adapt to the Premier League very quickly."

Well, Simpson is shite and Raylor has scored a few from LB.

Both Simpson and Taylor are decent back up options at fullback, however the comments from Pardew suggests he's come in as a left back.

Both Simpson and Taylor are decent back up options at fullback, however the comments from Pardew suggests he's come in as a left back.

That's because we don't have a left back. He's played in Italy as a right back and while I'm sure he'll do a sterling job on the left, if we are going for a new full back we might as well put Santon on his natural side and bring in a left back.

Well, Simpson is s**** and Raylor has scored a few from LB.

Probably makes sense to put him (Raylor) RB, then. :lol:

I still think we'll get Maiga or Erdinc. January could be good timing as well, if Best & Ba are stilling banging them in it's someone else to keep them on their toes, if they're not doing it then it's someone to step in.

Regardless of them scoring, we need a 3rd striker to consistently chip in with goals. Ba will be away for anc as well.

I still think we'll get Maiga or Erdinc. January could be good timing as well, if Best & Ba are stilling banging them in it's someone else to keep them on their toes, if they're not doing it then it's someone to step in.

Regardless of them scoring, we need a 3rd striker to consistently chip in with goals. Ba will be away for anc as well.

Maiga is from Mali , so he will be off to anc aswell then

Can we agree a signing outside the window?

My understanding is that you could buy someone any time, just cant register them until the window opens?

:thup: As far as I'm aware, if we wanted, and the other club agreed, we could probably have them over training with us until January. Although obviously I'd prefer he carried on playing competitive matches with their current club until January if we did strike a deal this early.