Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

He can fuck off, when Pardew was here he was saying a club like us don't deserve to be anything more than in a relegation scrap. Now he's saying we deserve, all because Rafa is here and he knows if he comes out with that shit again then he'll be flogged.

He was a bit of the poison that made our club ill, the day he finally leaves will be a good day for us.

I argue with this point all the time but he didn't say that.. some guy on this forum/ in the mag can't remember talked to him in a pub, both were probably pissed, guy was probably doing Rob Elliot's head in, guy then after writes an article about things Elliot said allegedly

He can fuck off, when Pardew was here he was saying a club like us don't deserve to be anything more than in a relegation scrap. Now he's saying we deserve, all because Rafa is here and he knows if he comes out with that shit again then he'll be flogged.

He was a bit of the poison that made our club ill, the day he finally leaves will be a good day for us.

I argue with this point all the time but he didn't say that.. some guy on this forum/ in the mag can't remember talked to him in a pub, both were probably pissed, guy was probably doing Rob Elliot's head in, guy then after writes an article about things Elliot said allegedly

Nah. I choose to believe every word. This fat cunt needs to leave. Can't have any Pardew arselickers around, even though Colback is still around.

Nah. I choose to believe every word. This fat cunt needs to leave. Can't have any Pardew arselickers around, even though Colback is still around.

Mature

Did you read the actual shit he's supposedly said at the time? Alright, even if he didn't say any of it and it's all a stitch-up, for me he's the Ryan Taylor of keepers. There's no need for him, and he only got starts due to injuries and being best mates with Pardew. We can and should do better even for tertiary keepers.

I love how after all these years suddenly Rob Elliot has found all these defenders on N-O. In another thread we're being told De Jong is the longawaited answer to our #10 woes.

These events continue to prove that the longer an NUFC player spends away from the first team, the better he apparently becomes in the eyes of some fans.

I love how after all these years suddenly Rob Elliot has found all these defenders on N-O. In another thread we're being told De Jong is the longawaited answer to our #10 woes.

These events continue to prove that the longer an NUFC player spends away from the first team, the better he apparently becomes in the eyes of some fans.

He is an adequate 3rd choice keeper, no world beater. And he won player of the season last season also, more for just doing his job when all around was crumbling but still wasn't that bad. De Jong on the other hand hasn't ever shown more that ten minutes of class for us

Actually if you go back in this thread to just before he got injured nearly everyone had accepted that he had played relatively well last season

He did a decent job when called upon, but was still slow, and people often doled out the 'good shot stopper' compliment which, in football, is only reserved for shite reserve keepers. I'd like him gone for someone younger and more mobile, but if people are simply asking he stays as 3rd choice, I'm not even that arsed. He definitely should lose some weight, though.

He did a decent job when called upon, but was still slow, and people often doled out the 'good shot stopper' compliment which, in football, is only reserved for shite reserve keepers. I'd like him gone for someone younger and more mobile, but if people are simply asking he stays as 3rd choice, I'm not even that arsed. He definitely should lose some weight, though.

So you want someone younger and more mobile as our 3rd choice keeper, someone who will never get a game ahead of Darlow or Selz / Krul next season. Why are you so passionate about our third choice goalkeeper? That's just fucking weird.

And no disrespect or owt, but he doesn't need to lose any weight. He's a goalkeeper, not a long distance runner. You're taking a 3 year old joke and reapplying it without knowing shite.

So you want someone younger and more mobile as our 3rd choice keeper, someone who will never get a game ahead of Darlow or Selz / Krul next season. Why are you so passionate about our third choice goalkeeper? That's just fucking weird.

And no disrespect or owt, but he doesn't need to lose any weight. He's a goalkeeper, not a long distance runner. You're taking a 3 year old joke and reapplying it without knowing shite.

Without knowing shite :lol: Eat shit.

Edit: I'm commenting on our 3rd choice keeper in a thread about our 3rd choice keeper. That's the extent of how much I care. Quite frankly, I'm only opposed to the rampant revisionism on here about people like him. Do I lose sleep over our 3rd choice keeper? Of course not.

Please can someone remind me come January to vote for DJ_NUFC as worst football poster, just in case I forget? Cheers.

Yes, please include me in your little beauty pageant where you all strut around giving each other backpats and dutch rudders. My life is complete :lol:

Please do point out this 'rampant revisionism' :lol:

It basically sounds like you learned a new phrase at school and are trying to shoehorn it in to an argument.

This is so bad a post, I can't even begin... 

I would also like to take a brief moment out to deliberate on the term 'good shot stopper.' Is it fair to say there's not a keeper who exists who ISN'T described as a good shot-stopper (well, maybe Joe Hart of late)? It's basically a backhanded compliment in football, doled out to keepers who can't catch a cross, have no command of their box, can't kick, lack an overall footballing brain, and basically fling themselves about at a football like dogs at frisbees.

I would also like to take a brief moment out to deliberate on the term 'good shot stopper.' Is it fair to say there's not a keeper who exists who ISN'T described as a good shot-stopper (well, maybe Joe Hart of late)? It's basically a backhanded compliment in football, doled out to keepers who can't catch a cross, have no command of their box, can't kick, lack an overall footballing brain, and basically fling themselves about at a football like dogs at frisbees.

Rob Elliot = good shot stopper

Jak Alnwick = bad shot stopper

When a ball frequently goes through your hands and into the net, that's when you're not a good shot stopper.

Rob Elliot = good shot stopper

Jak Alnwick = bad shot stopper

When a ball frequently goes through your hands and into the net, that's when you're not a good shot stopper.

:lol: Fair do's, I forgot about Alnwick. Thanks for ruining my day.