Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

I don't even mind Elliott tbh, think he comes off as a bit of a Soccer AM style banter king but he's harmless enough. Absolutely no doubt he was subservient to Pardew though along with other shite like Williamson and Shola. So at the time, when you were watching your club being ripped apart from the inside, it was hard not to hate them.

Criticising 'God' doesn't make him a melt man. Most professionals dislike those who don't train properly, get owa it.

Absolute fiend for a totally shit player despite him having a kite thrice the size of the bloke you hate everyone likes.

Criticising 'God' doesn't make him a melt man. Most professionals dislike those who don't train properly, get owa it.

Absolute fiend for a totally shit player despite him having a kite thrice the size of the bloke you hate everyone likes.

Nar, just a dislike of nonsensical criticism.

Guest neesy111

2-3 good games and this gets you a new contract.  :anguish:  He was to blame for plenty of goals last season because of his ridiculous inability to move off his line, would rather have Woodman and Darlow ahead of him.

He's a bang average keeper that performed alright in a shite team, would rather keep Krul and Darlow. He'll always be synonymous to that regime and although I don't hate him based on some nightclub waffle, I don't particularly like him either. I think he wants what's best for NUFC but strikes me as the kind of player that needs to be told what that is rather than work it out himself.

Regardless of what he may or may not have said about a former manager and player, Rafa rates him enough to authorise a new 4 year contract for him.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20160907/elliot-signs-new-contract_2281670_5869071

Manager Rafa Benitez added: "I'm really pleased that Rob has signed a new contract with the Club. It shows our confidence in him as a goalkeeper for now and for the future. Hopefully he will be challenging for the goalkeeper position again very soon."

I think by now it's time to get over the whole The Guv thing.

Bit confused by our fetish for goslkeepers at the minute. I get why you'd want the likes of Elliott as a solid 3rd choice given that we've had to do things like play jak alnwick vs the mackems in recent seasons, but not on such a long contract when woodmans coming through as well.

Also indicates to me that we've written Krul off which seems a little premature/odd to me. Maybe he has an agreement with the club that he can have a transfer for a certain price next summer hence why his extension was just for one year? Just speculating like but I know who I'd have wanted to tie down long term out of the two of them!!

• 3 months later...
He can fuck off, when Pardew was here he was saying a club like us don't deserve to be anything more than in a relegation scrap. Now he's saying we deserve, all because Rafa is here and he knows if he comes out with that shit again then he'll be flogged.

He was a bit of the poison that made our club ill, the day he finally leaves will be a good day for us.

• 2 months later...