Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

I thought he was poor for the 1st goal but hate Harper so couldn't care less who's in goal instead of him.

"Hate" is such a strong word....

Detest then.

Still strong imo. I'd accept dislike :razz:

Lets call it "Can't Stand" and be done with -)

:thup:

Cant understand the signing of him, he isnt young, he isnt good...  Is Soderberg that bad really ? - Rather have Harper as our second goalkeeper and Soderberg as our 3rd choice.

He's young for a goalkeeper.

Cant understand the signing of him, he isnt young, he isnt good...  Is Soderberg that bad really ? - Rather have Harper as our second goalkeeper and Soderberg as our 3rd choice.

Why did we bring him in? Think of him as a potential 'Harper' to Kruls 'Given'.

A slightly older, steady keeper with the kind of personality that will keep plugging away for a chance, without getting anyone down, or demanding a move every five minutes.

By the by, I have a couple of Charlton supporting friends who seem to rate him and that'll do me. Also, despite his age, considering his rapid rise up the leagues they think he's got a fair bit of developing still to do.

He's played one game, and we won it. It's similar to De Gea's fuck-ups in his first few matches (which tbf were more blatant); he didn't do too great, but at the end of the day it didn't cost them/us and he's got his debut out of the way. I'm not concerned.

My main concern is how poor he looked when we were defending set pieces, it was dangerous every time and they hit the bar from one (should have scored). Having said that it was his debut, he will have been as nervous as fuck and it's far too early to make a full judgement on him.