Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

I AM ABSOLUTELY OUTRAGED BY THIS UNSUBSTANTIATED TITTLE-TATTLE HERE IS MY IN-DEPTH ANALYSIS NOW THAT I HAVE DECIDED IT IS TRUE:

http://i.imgur.com/EnZ7z.jpg

So does that mean Harper joins the list with Shearer, Keegan, Given, Souness, Matty Pattison, Steven Taylor etc now  ;D

Meanwhile on the other list Mike Ashley, Derek Llambias and Joe Harvey are still held in high regard.

Don't see what the problem is with Harper not wanting to travel all the way down to away games. He's sub goalie, he's not going to come on anyway.

He's been doing it for 15 year (?),  his loyalty to us has stalled his career tbh.

Still think he should be second choice for home games, from what I've seen of Elliott, Harper is 10x the keeper.

I've missed something here, where's all this about Harper asking to sit out away games come from? ???

A kind of believable but unsubstantiated rumour on the previous page, followed by Pardew stating Elliot's on the bench away to Wolves, which made it fact.

I've missed something here, where's all this about Harper asking to sit out away games come from? ???

A kind of believable but unsubstantiated rumour on the previous page, followed by Pardew stating Elliot's on the bench away to Wolves, which made it fact.

Ah shit, just read the last page again, completely skimmed over the post before the Chronicle link and missed it. Knew I was missing something somewhere.

I love it when a plan comes together.

In all fairness, If I was Harper, I'd be well pissed off to be replaced by Elliot.  He looks absolutely shite, wheras Harper is a half-decent top flight goalie still.

He really isn't.

Not that Elliot sounds any better mind, but since harper sits on the bench collecting £30k, and you can imagine Elliot being on a tenth of that, I know which one I'd rather keep.

Harper is as bad as Tevez :lol: I seriously think I've heard it all on this forum now like.

Ridiculous stuff eh? :laugh:

FWIW, I'd definitely still have Harper as second choice but I don't really mind this sub keeper rotation Pardew has going on.

On the radio this morning when asked about 'Tevez' .

"every manager has this sort of problem, I've got two at the moment, I won't mention names but everyone knows who"

Wonder who he can possibly be on about ?

"every manager has this sort of problem, I've got two at the moment, I won't mention names but everyone knows who"

id hazard a guess at.maybe harper and ranger?

aye.

In all fairness, If I was Harper, I'd be well pissed off to be replaced by Elliot.  He looks absolutely shite, wheras Harper is a half-decent top flight goalie still.

Pardew is doing the right thing keeping Harper sweet while Elliott is still finding his feet here. If Elliott shows any sign that he's going to be up to the job though it wouldn't surprise me to see Harper permanently demoted to no 3 if this stuff about not wanting to travel to sit on the bench is true.

I'm not entirely comfortable with him saying that on the radio tbh.

Kid who told me about Harper is suggesting it's not Ranger but is actually Smith.

Harper is a good goalkeeper, his demise has been massively overstated on here IMO.

That's not to say Krul is not better; I'm glad he is seemingly our number one now. But I can imagine Harper being pretty disappointed after so long playing backup that he's there again. We should have sold him though if it was going to become a major issue, likewise Harper should have put in a transfer request.

My worry is about Elliot tbh. I've not seen him play in person yet, but those who have are hardly raving. Smells a little bit of getting someone in cheaply who is happier to sit on the bench than Harper, with his quality being rather lower down the priority list. It's perfectly normal to have backup goalkeepers who aren't as good, obviously. I just wonder, if Harper is freezed out and Krul picks up an injury then it's likely Elliot will be starting Premier League games for us. Can we rely on him?

Quite surprised at the news if it's true, also wonder how and why Pardew has mentioned it if he indeed has?

I wonder how much hypocrisy will be shown if it is indeed true, for instance all those people who slated Joey Barton for airing the clubs dirty linen in public will surely lambast Pardew and everyone who backed the far worse behaviour of Bellamy for feigning injury and leaving us without the maximum amount of subs will have a real issue of who to blame and for what.

I'll willingly bet the reaction will have nothing to do with each person's moral fortitude and everything to do with how they feel with regard to Ashley  :jesuswept:

I'm not entirely comfortable with him saying that on the radio tbh.

A quick search and I can't find this anywhere. If that's what he said, that really isn't the sort of thing he should be coming out with, surely?

Harper is a good goalkeeper, his demise has been massively overstated on here IMO.

That's not to say Krul is not better; I'm glad he is seemingly our number one now. But I can imagine Harper being pretty disappointed after so long playing backup that he's there again. We should have sold him though if it was going to become a major issue, likewise Harper should have put in a transfer request.

My worry is about Elliot tbh. I've not seen him play in person yet, but those who have are hardly raving. Smells a little bit of getting someone in cheaply who is happier to sit on the bench than Harper, with his quality being rather lower down the priority list. It's perfectly normal to have backup goalkeepers who aren't as good, obviously. I just wonder, if Harper is freezed out and Krul picks up an injury then it's likely Elliot will be starting Premier League games for us. Can we rely on him?

I'd agree with this.  Harper is nowhere near as bad as some people are trying to make out.  Last season, I think Harper was deservedly No 1.  The reason Krul is now No 1 and should remain so, is that he has improved a great deal after he was dropped and throughout the summer.

Can't understand some of the Harper dislike.  Just doesn't make any sense.

Of course Harper's not that bad, just as Steven Taylor isn't, it's just the massive know nowt factor on here.

Harps is PL standard, I haven't seen Elliot yet, but from what I've read and the standard he's played at, I know who I'd want to rely on if owt happened to Krul.

Something not quite right with this Harper thing like, still can't find anything on the alleged Pardew quote (not that I've looked far and wide) and just find the whole thing strange.