Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

Robert Elliot ‏@the_dilsh

“@Josh_Birky: @the_dilsh are you aware you're amazingly underrated? Because, you are!” I just thought I was sh*t!! But it's nice to know

:lol:

@andynufcolds: @the_dilsh that throw to Cisse when we played Southampton, how far can you actually throw a football?” Not much further

“@IceColdAl: @the_dilsh I believe the Club Shop sells Toon onesies - do you own one ?” I have two

“@chino2468: @the_dilsh heard yesterday your a semi pro cricketer any truth in it like” Isn't everyone who doesn't play county??

Really made me chuckle :lol:

Dennis Wise on setanta before the game saying that Elliot was no good and he'd be exposed at the level! First thing the hairy handed presenter says after the game "so Dennis, you don't rate Rob Elliot??"

I mean in fairness to Wise, he hasn't a patch on Ole Soderberg!

Did very well every time he was asked (iirc).

That low shot from Etoo was a fantastic stop, especially when you see it from the view behind the goal.

Pleased for him, seems a top bloke. More pleased for us though.

Credit has to go to Andy Woodman, as well as the lad himself, cos he looked so piss poor when he first signed for us in those cup/reserve games he played in. He looks like a very competent keeper now, and as someone else said that save low down from Eto'o was an excellent stop.

Credit has to go to Andy Woodman, as well as the lad himself, cos he looked so p*ss poor when he first signed for us in those cup/reserve games he played in. He looks like a very competent keeper now, and as someone else said that save low down from Eto'o was an excellent stop.

As i said before i reckon that is more to do with confidence and struggling to deal with the pressure of coming from Charlton than the quality of the lad.

I said when Krul got injured i'd be confident in him doing a solid job and he's a very capable back up, hopefully by the time Krul comes back he proves me right.

Will be a VERY diffrerent experience for him against Stoke. Would really have wanted Krul for this one, the way he comes to collect crosses. Don't know if Elliot has that in his game or if he's more of a stay on the line type keeper.