Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

how will he feel playing second fiddle to Krul following his time in the limelight? doesn't appear to be a Harper type to me.

On the contrary, in his interview with ESPN before the Anzi game he said that he knows he'll probably be going back to the bench when Krul is back so he's just going to do the best he can to convince the manager he can rely on him more in the future.

how will he feel playing second fiddle to Krul following his time in the limelight? doesn't appear to be a Harper type to me.

I disagree. If you read his interviews he talks about how he started off in the lowest non-league division and has gradually worked his way up through the leagues. Last season he played just one or two games for us in the cups, and this season he's played in Europe and the Premier League and got into double figures appearance-wise. This season definitely represents massive progress for him and I think he's the sort who'll use the return of Krul as the chance to fine-tune his game in training even more in order to fight for the number one spot.

He seems quite down to earth and pretty humble, so I can't see him getting ideas above his station.

I disagree. If you read his interviews he talks about how he started off in the lowest non-league division and has gradually worked his way up through the leagues. Last season he played just one or two games for us in the cups, and this season he's played in Europe and the Premier League and got into double figures appearance-wise. This season definitely represents massive progress for him and I think he's the sort who'll use the return of Krul as the chance to fine-tune his game in training even more in order to fight for the number one spot.

He seems quite down to earth and pretty humble, so I can't see him getting ideas above his station.

:thup:

I get the impression he can't believe his luck as it is.

Done well but we don't concede either goal with Krul in. Needs to be coming out and dealing with both balls and doesn't.

Pure conjecture.

Of course. I stand by it, though. I genuinely think Krul would've been out getting both of them, as a keeper should.

Done well but we don't concede either goal with Krul in. Needs to be coming out and dealing with both balls and doesn't.

Pure conjecture.

Of course. I stand by it, though. I genuinely think Krul would've been out getting both of them, as a keeper should.

The first one I agree, Elliot is in an awful position as the Wigan player crosses the ball (in front of his near post). He had no need to be there as there was no way the Wigan player could/would shoot from where he was crossing.

Pure conjecture.

The first one I would probably agree with.  Not sure at what point he is supposed to stop the second mind?

Pure conjecture.

The first one I would probably agree with.  Not sure at what point he is supposed to stop the second mind?

He actually makes a save from the ricochet off Scharner and Kone puts in the rebound.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...