Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

I don't think the atmosphere at the club has ever been this toxic while I've been supporting, and that's saying something given what we've been through over the years.

It's not toxic at the ground though which makes a big difference.

Well done to "The Guv"! But it's depressed me that the bulshine that Percy spouts to the fans has also been executed within the dressing room. Jeezuz, if the players have that mindset that "we're a 8-9th place club" how in the hell do we expect them to win many games and once the forty point mark is reached we may as well just start supporting Chelsea/Mancity/Southampton/Hull/...etc (insert club that actually wants to keep winning)...

Get this scum out of our club! Someone...pleeeaase!

Ross Gregory ‏@rossgregory9 11h

Hearing that Rob Elliot is seriously not happy with today's claims. Feels there's a lot of embellishment and some plain untruths! #nufc

Steven ‏@Steve_NUFC 9h

@rossgregory9 So...you've squashed a rumour about a player, by starting another rumour, that's he's unhappy about the first rumour?? #NUFC

:lol:

Rob Elliot will still be an advocate of Pardew even when we fall way below 8th next season. Our failure to strengthen will have him thinking our level is 16th and as such expectations will have been successfully lowered once more.

I wonder if Elliot thinks Rodgers went into this season with a mindset that European qualification would be enough? Winners always go above what they think they can do. We were told 8th is our ceiling, since then we have took our foot off the pedal and then went one step further and slashed the tyres of the car that could have trundled onto European qualification. But of course, what a nuisance that would be. It's only worth £6m.

Not surprised in the slightest that he considers 8th or 9th to be successful given his lack of ability. Probably goes away from training a bit baffled as to why such a shit keeper such as himself is doing in this league at all never mind in the top half of it.

Guest firetotheworks

A guy on The Mag reckons that, and I quote, "Regardless of what Dilsh came back with, he should be able to do a job without being criticised by randoms in the street on a night out. He's accountable to the club, not us."

"He's accountable to the club, not us."

Unreal. I feel like I'm a fucking Black Panther amongst these self-haters like. It's repugnant.

Guest bimpy474

A guy on The Mag reckons that, and I quote, "Regardless of what Dilsh came back with, he should be able to do a job without being criticised by randoms in the street on a night out. He's accountable to the club, not us."

Unreal. I feel like I'm a fucking Black Panther amongst these self-haters like. It's repugnant.

That is unbelievable, there is no club without us ffs.

Unreal. I feel like I'm a f***ing Black Panther amongst these self-haters like. It's repugnant.

That is unbelievable, there is no club without us ffs.

Honestly, comments like that make we want to walk away from all this. That's about as far removed from my vision of fandom and whole ethos about football as it's possible to get.

How has anyone stopped him doing his job? I don't even understand what that means, unless having a drink in a bar is considered part of his job.

Captain Fabricio Coloccini yesterday called on the players to 'respect' the shirt.

He said: "We know we have achieved our objective of finishing in the top 10 but we are playing with the Newcastle shirt on and we have to have respect for that.

Guest reefatoon

This attitude of "reaching the top 10, jobs done" is disgusting.  I wonder if I can change my season ticket to a 46 points ticket. Hit that magic number then no need to go anymore.

This attitude of "reaching the top 10, jobs done" is disgusting.  I wonder if I can change my season ticket to a 46 points ticket. Hit that magic number then no need to go anymore.

I call for a top 10 ST, once our position is secure you don't have to pay any more installments, fair deal?

Guest firetotheworks

I wonder if a set of fans have ever been like this before? Maybe Brummie could fill us in on how they felt during the Ellis years and whether they ever wanted Villa to "fail" like this.

I wonder if a set of fans have ever been like this before? Maybe Brummie could fill us in on how they felt during the Ellis years and whether they ever wanted Villa to "fail" like this.

Do you not remember Clark's goal against Middlesbrough or Barry's penalty miss at SJP when Souness was manager? :lol: