Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

ridiculous imo, we can't afford to be sentimental.

There is a difference between sentimentality and man management...

such insight. raylor's had a decent start, he's scored two free kicks but other than that been ok at the job he's there to do primarily. if you want to reward him leave him in the position he's had a decent start in, or put him at right back where simpson's been poor. don't weaken our midfield needlessly just to keep his spirits up, it's counter-productive.

Wasn't suggesting playing him in midfield... I was suggesting that if Pardew sticks with the same back four as previous league games he can justify it...

None of you lads have seen him training. Could be miles behind his team-mates for all we know.

He's just played for the under 21s this week and he'll have had a full pre-season with Inter.

Fair enough. Probably means he's definitely 100% ready to start a Premier League match.

such insight. raylor's had a decent start, he's scored two free kicks but other than that been ok at the job he's there to do primarily. if you want to reward him leave him in the position he's had a decent start in, or put him at right back where simpson's been poor. don't weaken our midfield needlessly just to keep his spirits up, it's counter-productive.

I guess that is where Pardew earns his coin, by using the information he gets on a daily basis at training and using that as best he can to get the 3points. In terms of mobility and physical presence I don't see a massive difference between Barton and Taylor, Taylor is probably the closest thing we have to a direct 'replacement' for Barton on the right wing. Won't take people on, has a decent cross on him, will pick up dodgy bookings and likes to take a set piece. Oh and he's scouse as well, so you'll never know when he'll randomly get sent off.

Would be a pretty awful partnership with Simpson though. Didn't we have Raylor RB, Simpson RW at one point (or was it saylor?)

ryan taylor is half as good a footballer as joey barton, at best

That whole match was brilliant if I remember correctly.  Was buzzing afterwards.

I was certain we'd finish around 6th after the Bolton home game. :lol:

I was certain the better times were back and was feeling perky as fuck after that, and I never feel perky as fuck about NUFC.

People are mad in this and every other thread playing Jonas not on the LW btw. Lunacy.

I can't see how his attributes (which are pretty basic, in spite of the importance they have on our play) can't translate to the right-hand side, especially now that Enrique has gone. There are several points to consider, none more poignant than it would offer Marveaux - another of our better players - a preferred role down the left. Don't forget the defensive assistance Jonas could provide to Simpson, too; that lad could certainly use a hand on occasion.

I'd be disappointed to see it left untried. It's not as if Jonas has a tendency to cut inside and smash one at goal; he's done it a couple of times but he's primarily a byline winger.

He is a byline winger but his style of play from what I've seen in completely based on him either drifting in or dummying to drift from the left. Not that he couldn't work the line the same but he's obviously built this up over a no of years & its fanciful saying the skills are automatically transferable .Plus given his performances this year it would be mad to dick around with him. If he starts playing shit then by all means move/drop him.

I do agree he could offer decent back up to Simpson although Santon may equally need it in first few games to help settle in.

Guest MrSundlofer

Exactly, Raylor doesn't even have twitter!

Imagine how dull it would be :lol:

Imagine his profile picture...

http://images.teamtalk.com/08/01/218x298/Ryan_Taylor_630137.jpg

Ryan Taylor

@RyanTChuckles Over The Wall

The life and times of Ryan Taylor

RyanTChuckles Ryan Taylor

witnessed the birth of my child today... was alright

anyone know what time b&q shuts? 

my heart will go on by celine dion. probably my favorite song.

@CelineDion can i have your autograph? thanks

watching emmerdale eating a margarita pizza. thin crust.

@Joey7Barton yeah i'm ok. u?

tired

bed time

Ryan Taylor

@RyanTChuckles Over The Wall

The life and times of Ryan Taylor

witnessed the birth of my child today... was alright

anyone know what time b&q shuts? 

my heart will go on by celine dion. probably my favorite song.

@CelineDion can i have your autograph? thanks

watching emmerdale eating a margarita pizza. thin crust.

@Joey7Barton yeah i'm ok. u?

tired

bed time

Am I being whooshed? Doesn't exist.

I guess that is where Pardew earns his coin, by using the information he gets on a daily basis at training and using that as best he can to get the 3points. In terms of mobility and physical presence I don't see a massive difference between Barton and Taylor, Taylor is probably the closest thing we have to a direct 'replacement' for Barton on the right wing. Won't take people on, has a decent cross on him, will pick up dodgy bookings and likes to take a set piece. Oh and he's scouse as well, so you'll never know when he'll randomly get sent off.

Would be a pretty awful partnership with Simpson though. Didn't we have Raylor RB, Simpson RW at one point (or was it saylor?)

ryan taylor is half as good a footballer as joey barton, at best

http://th1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb465/TJIbiza/Random/th_TRUE_STORY_MEME_ADICTOS_png_scaled500.png