Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Hard to drop Raylor TBF, think he's done an ok job in the circumstances and scored two important goals.  If anyone is to be dropped, it's Simpson, shift Raylor across to right back and put Santon at left back.  If he doesn't start I will be spitting feathers I tell you!

I don't think it should be hard to drop Taylor. He's done the job asked of him manfully but he's still a very limited player who won't offer any of the options Santon does. We've missed Jose's ability to bring the ball out of defence and Santon will give us that again. Get him in.

Hence why I said drop Simpson, who has been shite in all 4 of our games so far.

For me, Santon being a right footed left back isn't a problem. It is having a right footed left back behind a right footed left winger that is the problem.

Personally believe Marveaux will become our first-choice left-midfielder. Can still see Jonas switching to the right.

What will then become the problem is two attack-minded players on the same side...

Worked for Bernard & Robert.

Hard to drop Raylor TBF, think he's done an ok job in the circumstances and scored two important goals.  If anyone is to be dropped, it's Simpson, shift Raylor across to right back and put Santon at left back.  If he doesn't start I will be spitting feathers I tell you!

I don't think it should be hard to drop Taylor. He's done the job asked of him manfully but he's still a very limited player who won't offer any of the options Santon does. We've missed Jose's ability to bring the ball out of defence and Santon will give us that again. Get him in.

Hence why I said drop Simpson, who has been s**** in all 4 of our games so far.

Best solution

Aye, move Ryan Taylor to right-back based on current form and bring Santon into the position where he's supposedly been bought for.

Might give Simpson a kick up the arse, like Perch did last season, and we'll soon see him back in the team and performing to standard if he gets his head together. You'd have to suggest Taylor will have a stinker soon enough and the free-kicks will dry up as well. Hopefully he doesn't and they don't, obviously.

All the while Fergie is in the background honing his skills. Watching. Waiting. Then no more Danny or Ryan :troll:

Aye, move Ryan Taylor to right-back based on current form and bring Santon into the position where he's supposedly been bought for.

Might give Simpson a kick up the arse, like Perch did last season, and we'll soon see him back in the team and performing to standard if he gets his head together. You'd have to suggest Taylor will have a stinker soon enough and the free-kicks will dry up as well. Hopefully he doesn't and they don't, obviously.

All the while Fergie is in the background honing his skills. Watching. Waiting. Then no more Danny or Ryan :troll:

:lol:

Quite funny to think that we might soon have a surplus of options at full-back.

Raylor/Simpson/Santon/Perch/Saylor @ RB; &

Ferguson/Santon/Raylor @ LB

...and Paul Dummett.

Admittedly, they are of varying quality, but considering we barely had bodies to throw in those positions not so long ago it is still quite the turnaround.

CB looking a bit threadbare.

Perch is not an option at ANYWHERE

Tavernier, man. Can't forget the Tav. He's my next hope after Ferguson.

'kin hell.

If I could be bothered, I'd do the 'dramatic grave-looking realisation' face-meme with the words "...we have the best full-back depth in the world".

Guest VaVaVoom

I think he will start and i agree that this is all tactics from AP to keep all three on their game.

Simpson however coming out with a load of shit today. Clearly fearing Santon. He is the man to drop.

Raylor---Saylor---Colo---Santon

...and Paul Dummett.

Admittedly, they are of varying quality, but considering we barely had bodies to throw in those positions not so long ago it is still quite the turnaround.

Two of the three left backs you mentioned are right footed. Even the genuine left footer is not sure whether he's a full back or a winger, so while the right back area is well covered in a poor quality sort of way, left back is still very questionable. Although Santon might prove all the fears misguided if he excels there.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

...and Paul Dummett.

If he can stay injury free, he should start to break into the first team set up this season. Thought that before all the madness regarding fullback depth disappearance.

I think he will start and i agree that this is all tactics from AP to keep all three on their game.

Simpson however coming out with a load of shit today. Clearly fearing Santon. He is the man to drop.

Raylor---Saylor---Colo---Santon

I started day dreaming there about s.taylor and r.taylor forming colo / enrique type understanding at the back.

Then just thought, naaaah.